Scrap metal value of a LS/parting out

TURBOSPEED

LVC Member
Reaction score
my 03 ls had a severe engine fire , and basically its way too expensive for me to repait it rigth now.

what kind of aluminium content can i expect 300-400 pounds?
what about copper?

besided im parting out as much as i can and sending the rest to the recycler as i need a car ASAP

im in the tijuana/san diego area

got new window regulator (1 month old) in both front windows
interior is black
airbags are ok

ru07wz.jpg

sorry to hear that. guessing you are ok since you are able to post. just out of curiousity what would you want for the entire interior. want to convert mine to black. im talking the from the dsah to the rear window deck. plus shipping to the dallas tx area. i have no idea what kind of shipping weight it would be

i dont know maybe 500-600 for the whole thing let me find out about the shipping

rigth now im even selling the gas on the tank lol.

ill post pics of the interior in a few minutes

thanks. just let know. i have been thinking about doing the interior swap since i got the car. i hate the tan interior.

thanks. just let know. i have been thinking about doing the interior swap since i got the car. i hate the tan interior.

ever consider leather recoloring? i've been looking into that lately. Might try it this summer, if time allows.

I could and have done it in the past but there are too many stupid little pieces that you just can't do that to. Plus I want it to look completely factory.

I'd be very interested in the wheels. Don't necessarily need the tires but I'm very interested in the wheels!

how does a power steering leak cause a fire? im curious so that i know and also what are the signs of a power steering leak (besides finding PS fluid on the ground)

If the trunk weatherstrip doesn't have any cracks or tears, I may want it. Maybe you could shoot me a PM on how much shipped to 02771

how does a power steering leak cause a fire? im curious so that i know and also what are the signs of a power steering leak (besides finding PS fluid on the ground)

Get enough of it on something hot enough, like an exhaust manifold, and it will ignite. The same goes for transmission fluid (which is the power steering fluid in this and most cases), engine oil, and pretty much any petroleum based fluid in the vehicle.

Like Josh said, P/S fluid spraying on the exhaust manifold will ignite it. When mine sprung a leak years ago (fortunately under warranty) I was trailing a smoke cloud you wouldn't believe! It was IFR directly behind me! I went straight to the dealer and had it fixed 3 days later. It was the hose that connects to the pump at the fan and as it was new they had a devil of a time replacing it.

I would be interested in some interior parts as well. Are you in San Diego or TJ? I could come down check it out. Let me know.

Members online

Back