Schrader valve on air pump, or air ride system?

crushor

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Good evening everyone...new to the site, however I have a question concerning the air ride system on the Mk VIII's. Many moons ago, I replaced the original onboard air compressor with a new factory Ford unit. Unfortunately, the car had suffered a bad bearing on the AC pump about 18 months ago, and was parked. Age got to the fuel pump, and it has failed. The bags have obviously gone down, and now I need to get the car in the air enough to put jacks under it. So you see my dilema. The AC pump has been replaced, now I have to replace a fuel pump and all should be well. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have even tried the theory of a Mazda truck scissors jack, small floor jack, large floor jack, stands. She's on the ground hard. To the question, is there a schrader valve on the air ride system so that I can use compressor/air hose and get her back to ride height to get a jack under her?

Strangely enough, I have everything I need to do the job, I just need to get her off the ground. :confused:

Thanks for the help.

If I understand you correctly your air ride should pick the car up.
you dont have to start the motor, just turn the key to the on position and the car should begin to raise up.

this will be hard on a weak battery, make sure it's fully charged and I would have a charger hookded to it while it pumps up

Go to your local big box lumbar yard and buy a 6' long 4"X4" and mark off 12" from each end (which serves as a landing) and have them cut for you, or do it yourself, a diagonal that would connect the two lines. This will serve you as a mini set off ramps so that you can get your floor jack under the car. They will be your friends.

Thanks guys...

XLRVIII: When we turn the compressor switch on, with the ignition on (installed a new battery in the hopes that we could fire her up) we had no response. The switch in the trunk (if memory serves me correctly) is where the switchable power comes from...?!?! At this time, the pump is not engaging. At this point, I haven't checked the fuses, however, the car was functioning properly at the point of being parked.

Road Boss: Thanks, that may be the end result.

I think that the next time I have the opportunity, I will start by looking at the compressor and find out why it is not kicking in.

Again, thanks for the feedback.

Members online

Back