Scenario#1

Randeaux

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a new idea for a game. I call it "Scenario". Every so often, A short story will be started and you, dear posters would finish by stating what you would do if you were the main character in that sitaution. (sorta,like my "In a not so perfect world thread".)Let's begin.

It was a crisp,fall day in October,1971.You're driving around in your*(A)*,
piping out *(B)* from your aftermarket 8-track stereo.You have your*(C)* with you.As you're driving down the main drag,a sparkling vision catches your eye. This glorious vision is a*(D)* calling your name. (You do have the money availible to do this,thanks to that big bonus you got from work that last payday.) You go into the dealer, you leave very happy.(at least for the next 36 months, anyways.) The End. (for now...)

A) 1968 Chrysler 300 Coupe'
B) more than likely, The Carpenters
C) Sexy,Raven-Haired girlfriend
* D) 1972 Lincoln Mark IV (Light Blue w/a Dark Blue top & white interior)
-or- 1971 Buick Riviera (Gold w/ Tobacco roof/interior)

*Feel free to have as many options as you'd want.
:wave :wave :wave :wave :wave :wave

A) 1963 Corvair
B) Rolling Stones
C) Briefcase full of money (to buy my new...)
D) 1972 Corvette convertible, green with tan leather interior and a 454

Why would anyone who drives a Corvair be dreaming of a Corvette? Besides, the '72 454 was a slug! '71 was MUCH better. ;)
Okay, let me see......

A) '69 Mustang
B) The Beatles
C) Briefcase full of dead presidents
D) '70 Hemi 'Cuda Convertible

A) 69 Boss 429
B) Led Zeppelin and Credence Clearwater Revival
C) Boys
D) 67 Shelby 500 KR (blue w/ white stripes and the 428 SCJ)

Katshot said:
Why would anyone who drives a Corvair be dreaming of a Corvette? Besides, the '72 454 was a slug! '71 was MUCH better. ;)

I figure that a Corvair would be about what I would be able to afford and still like (I am pretty broke as a college student right now!) I think they have quite the "cool" factor, in a very strange way. And you are right, I forgot that '72 was when they started plummeting downhill. Besides, I would want the 71 since they strayed away from the chrome bumpers in '72. Besides, they would be selling the "old" models off the floor for a lot less to bring in the new! You're right; I'd get the '71. :D

JoshMcMadMac said:
And you are right, I forgot that '72 was when they started plummeting downhill. -------- Besides, they would be selling the "old" models off the floor for a lot less to bring in the new! You're right; I'd get the '71. :D

That's exaxctly why the scenario was set in that time frame for.
You got it! Pretty cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot, I also wanted to change my "B" awnser to a DEFINITE T-REX!
I checked my CD last night, "Bang-a-Gong" was out then, I also would have said Noah Greenbaum (spirit in the sky),but I have that album too, and "Spirit in the Sky" is the ONLY decent song he had.(So that 8-track's disqualified.)

No fantasy here. These are the facts
(A) 1968 Firebird, my first car
(B) "Sitting on a dock of the Bay"
(C) Fiance , now wife of 32 years
(D) 1970 triple-black Lincoln Continental Coupe, my father's first Lincoln

Randeaux said:
I forgot, I also wanted to change my "B" awnser to a DEFINITE T-REX!
I checked my CD last night, "Bang-a-Gong" was out then, I also would have said Noah Greenbaum (spirit in the sky),but I have that album too, and "Spirit in the Sky" is the ONLY decent song he had.(So that 8-track's disqualified.)

Now that's a great driving song. Bang a Gong - Radar Love - Smoke on the Water - American Band - lots of great tunes in that time period. :dj:

:I Yessir! Bone-headed me also forgot another group, I know too damm well I'd have had in the ol' 8-track of the 300: how in the holy -300-hell could I forget about groups like The Who, Hendrix, Motor City 5 (MC5) or especially a little JB (Heaaaaay!)!

:slam :slam How Could I Be Sooo 'Toopid?!? :slam :slam
I forgot about one of the greatest of all bands to come out of the era:::::
(DUH) The Chicago Transit Authority! (Before they went mushy and shortened their name to Chicago)(even then, EARLY Chicago rocked!)
:Bang :Bang AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! :Bang :Bang

Randeaux said:
:slam :slam How Could I Be Sooo 'Toopid?!? :slam :slam
I forgot about one of the greatest of all bands to come out of the era:::::
(DUH) The Chicago Transit Authority! (Before they went mushy and shortened their name to Chicago)(even then, EARLY Chicago rocked!)
:Bang :Bang AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!! :Bang :Bang

Agree Chicago before their Lead singer tried to give his head another whole with his gun. Chicago Rocked - then they got sappy.

Kick out the Jams Mother :q MC5

A) 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix
B) Kashmir, from Zeppelin
C) electric guitar
D) 1971 Buick Riviera

A. 67 Chevell 396 SS

B. Beach Boys

C. Trunk full of money.

D. 68 Dodge Charger

A) Wife beater

B)Who

C)Toaster