Saved another Mark VIII from the graveyard!

BlackIceLSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Today my buddy and I drove to Sacramento to look at (and buy) a 1993 Black/Black.

The owner posted a "help" thread on another board. When I saw that his troubles were a terminal engine problem, I looked at his profile, and discovered he lived an hour and a half away.

I contacted him, offered to take his car off his hands for a nominal fee, and we agreed.(actually, my buddy, the shop owner, wanted it)

so, we went and picked it up with our truck and racecar trailer. Complete car, nice shape(7 on a 1-10 scale), few cosmetic flaws, and, oh yea... a blown engine....and I aint talkin supercharger!

Got it home, removed the oil fill cap, and saw what appeared to be 2-3 broken valve springs in plain view through the oil fill hole. Yup...mill is toast!

So, we will begin an engine swap soon. I plan to document the entire process, and post pics, and update the thread with each new time slot of alotment. We have 2 motors ready to go in, so its just a matter of "when".

Just wanted to share.

Oh, and we have a NEWBIE here at LVC WEST....he PM'd me. Turns out, he lives 5 miles away from me, and is interested in having some mods done(as my mouth waters in anticipation of another patient!).

This place rocks!

BlackIceLSC said:
Today my buddy and I drove to Sacramento to look at (and buy) a 1993 Black/Black.

The owner posted a "help" thread on another board. When I saw that his troubles were a terminal engine problem, I looked at his profile, and discovered he lived an hour and a half away.

I contacted him, offered to take his car off his hands for a nominal fee, and we agreed.(actually, my buddy, the shop owner, wanted it)

so, we went and picked it up with our truck and racecar trailer. Complete car, nice shape(7 on a 1-10 scale), few cosmetic flaws, and, oh yea... a blown engine....and I aint talkin supercharger!

Got it home, removed the oil fill cap, and saw what appeared to be 2-3 broken valve springs in plain view through the oil fill hole. Yup...mill is toast!

So, we will begin an engine swap soon. I plan to document the entire process, and post pics, and update the thread with each new time slot of alotment. We have 2 motors ready to go in, so its just a matter of "when".

Just wanted to share.

Oh, and we have a NEWBIE here at LVC WEST....he PM'd me. Turns out, he lives 5 miles away from me, and is interested in having some mods done(as my mouth waters in anticipation of another patient!).

This place rocks!

Save 'em!

Save 'em all!

We have a fellow Mark VII owner down here who will be getting a mass air conversion and a Cobra intake install done by my automotive hero Bryan (with me dropping tools and looking generally confused).

SAVE AND CORRUPT THEM ALL!

Tee-hee!

Murderously Yours,

MACHVII

p.s. We'll see you when the strip opens up again.

Hi BlackIce

How's it hanging?
I'm the guy who did your photo shop pics. I joined the gold club, and also joined your west coast chapter. I see that you don't live far from me. I live in Sacramento. I would like to meet or at least call you. I have so many questions. It seems that you know your car, pretty dang good. I hope you don't mind another "PATIENT" LOL :yourock:
Alfonso :dancefool

Members online

Back