Saved another Mark VIII from the graveyard!

LVC Western Chapter

1. BlackIceLSC

BlackIceLSC Dedicated LVC Member

Today my buddy and I drove to Sacramento to look at (and buy) a 1993 Black/Black.

The owner posted a "help" thread on another board. When I saw that his troubles were a terminal engine problem, I looked at his profile, and discovered he lived an hour and a half away.

I contacted him, offered to take his car off his hands for a nominal fee, and we agreed.(actually, my buddy, the shop owner, wanted it)

so, we went and picked it up with our truck and racecar trailer. Complete car, nice shape(7 on a 1-10 scale), few cosmetic flaws, and, oh yea... a blown engine....and I aint talkin supercharger!

Got it home, removed the oil fill cap, and saw what appeared to be 2-3 broken valve springs in plain view through the oil fill hole. Yup...mill is toast!

So, we will begin an engine swap soon. I plan to document the entire process, and post pics, and update the thread with each new time slot of alotment. We have 2 motors ready to go in, so its just a matter of "when".

Just wanted to share.

Oh, and we have a NEWBIE here at LVC WEST....he PM'd me. Turns out, he lives 5 miles away from me, and is interested in having some mods done(as my mouth waters in anticipation of another patient!).

This place rocks!

2. MACHVII

MACHVII LVC Member

Save 'em!

Save 'em all!

We have a fellow Mark VII owner down here who will be getting a mass air conversion and a Cobra intake install done by my automotive hero Bryan (with me dropping tools and looking generally confused).

SAVE AND CORRUPT THEM ALL!

Tee-hee!

Murderously Yours,

MACHVII

p.s. We'll see you when the strip opens up again.

3. Mulato

Mulato Active LVC Member

Hi BlackIce

How's it hanging?
    I'm the guy who did your photo shop pics. I joined the gold club, and also joined your west coast chapter. I see that you don't live far from me. I live in Sacramento. I would like to meet or at least call you. I have so many questions. It seems that you know your car, pretty dang good. I hope you don't mind another "PATIENT" LOL :yourock:
    Alfonso :dancefool