satin black on an ls?

sinhumane

LVC Member
Reaction score
i have seen the matte or satin black paintjobs on bmw's, mercedes, and other lux cars, but never on an ls. i have body damage, and due to a color change somewhere along the life of the car, i dont have a correct paint code. car is almost the same as the midnight grey metallic, but i dont know for sure.

thinking about going satin black (not rat rod primer black, but a little sheen to the finish, just not a deep polish)

anyone seen or have their ls this color?

In europe its very popular(toooo much popular). On 90% of cars what is satin black/carbon etc... its sticker not paint, but if you want good quality your car must be without any body damage or paint damage.
Never have done this with any of my cars and never will, better stay oldschool. Just one thing what i thinking is worth to do - its wrapping LS dash, but not sure about this either.

So a car with satin or matte finish is one big graphic? Essentially?

heres matte

100_6445.jpg

100_6443.jpg

That's anything but matte lol. Maybe semi-gloss.

meh. the matte on that i would like to see the whole car, no green or two tone, and dry.

i've also seen matte white... and my previous car was white... i think i may actually go with that idea.

I saw a 40's hot rod in Hot Rod magazine and the body is satin black (actual paint) ans the fenders and pin stripe was gloss red. It looked super sharp I'll look for a picture. :q:q:q:q vinyl, do it right or not at all.

It's called hot rod black, and Kirker has a kit you can buy for $100. It's good for a few years, but not super durable. If you buff it, it will shine up some.

Members online

Back