Sale of PrOpAiN's LS

PrOpAiN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been thinking about selling my car, and I feel that is what I will be doing in the near future. I am going to try and sell the LS as a package deal.. Meaning... I plan on incuding everything that is currently in or on the car. I have invested alot of money and time into my baby, and anyone that has seen my cardomain page will agree. I know that I'll never get out of it what I've put into it, and I have accepted that. I am planning on selling it privately rather than trading it in or selling it to Carmax, because I feel I can get a price both parties will be happy with. I want to make sure that the buyer understands that I am selling this car as is, because once the sale is done I'll be using that money on a new car. Is there some sort of agreement or contract that can be made on this type of sale? I just don't won't to have spent the cash on a new car just to have the buyer come back for what ever reason. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the car, but it is what it is and anything could happen. The car has around 44,500 miles on it and... knock on wood.. hasn't had any major problems. I am wondering what will be the best way to sell the car? Ebay, AutoTrader, MSN or other? How much does everyone think I can sell the car for? Check out my Car Domain page and let me know what you think. It has everything listed and has pictures of eveything too.

I have to say wow first. Very nice job on the car man, the sound system is really nice, so are the exhaust and the grill of course. The LS prices are really low now, but I think you could get 17-18ks for it. You could try Ebay but I think the cars sale really cheap there, maybe Autotrader would be better.

What kind of car are you going to buy anyway?

HyeLifeLS said:
I have to say wow first. Very nice job on the car man, the sound system is really nice, so are the exhaust and the grill of course. The LS prices are really low now, but I think you could get 17-18ks for it. You could try Ebay but I think the cars sale really cheap there, maybe Autotrader would be better.

What kind of car are you going to buy anyway?

I am looking at and strongly considering a BMW 330i. I really like the M5 and the 7 series also, but they are too much.

Now that's what I am talking about. The BMW is the way to go. Once you drive em you don't wanna drive anything else... I drove a 550i the other day and that car is just crazy fast.

PrOpAiN said:
I am looking at and strongly considering a BMW 330i. I really like the M5 and the 7 series also, but they are too much.

amazing car, good luck with selling it. If things don't work out w/ the package deal let me know. I'd be very interested in buying some of the parts.

I hate to hear that you may be selling your LS. It's a sweet machine and anyone would be proud to have it. As for legal forms to this website for a Bill of Sale in your state:

http://partners.uslegalforms.com/enter5.cgi?daveramsey

You can use that as a way to make sure it is sold correctly and legally.

What price you thinking of asking for it?

Thats sad you are selling your LS. I have a hard time seeing a BMW 330i being a better ride then a LS. A 5 series maybe and M5 or M7 are beast, I would say if you want to step up buy a M5. Good luck selling!

-Scott-

GrayGhost1 said:
I hate to hear that you may be selling your LS. It's a sweet machine and anyone would be proud to have it. As for legal forms to this website for a Bill of Sale in your state:

http://partners.uslegalforms.com/enter5.cgi?daveramsey

You can use that as a way to make sure it is sold correctly and legally.

What price you thinking of asking for it?

Thanks Ken for pointing me in the right direction and for all of your help this last year or so.

As far as the price.. I was hoping to get in between 16 and 18k, but I know that might not be possible. If I don't get any offers that high, I might be willing to let her go a little cheaper.

ohioLS said:
Thats sad you are selling your LS. I have a hard time seeing a BMW 330i being a better ride then a LS. A 5 series maybe and M5 or M7 are beast, I would say if you want to step up buy a M5. Good luck selling!

-Scott-

I don't know if it would be a step up either, but the 330's are alot of fun to drive and handle like a beast. It's also not that I wouldn't love to get an M5 or a 7 series, but I'm not looking to have a car payment as large as my morgage. As I see it, with my down payment and everything the m5 would be in between 1000 and 1100/ month. Where as the 330i will be around 400 and 450/ month, and is still a really nice car. I'm not 100% sure yet though, so anything could change.

PM80 said:
Do u still have all of the stock parts????

I have most of them except for the rims. However, if I am going to strip the car back to stock.. The person I sold the factory rims to has offered to buy my rims and give me back the factory ones. I'm only going to strip it if I have to, and I don't plan on letting a dealership or Carmax rip me off. They know they can get good money for the car, but so far I'm getting lowballed because they can. I can get the same amount of money out of them stripped or fully loaded. They could care less how much you've put into your car and know they could sell the car for probably 18-20k. Yet they are only willing to give 10-13k, it's a joke and I don't play that game. I will sell it to Carmax only if it is back to stock, and that is an option. I have all the time I need to make this thing happen, so I'm not in a rush to get ripped by a dealer.

wowwww bro, i saw this thread and my jaw dropped :eek: your LS is the hottest ive seen, and you know im on your sound systems dick... if it has one hahaha honestly i dont think you will get too much for the LS, sad to say, but like the prices for the new cars are dropping these days and that hurts us used car guys alot... when i totalled my LS, the insurance gave me around 14k for my 2000 LS but i got the V6 n u got the V8... i tried to trade in my 2002 Explorer with 30,000 miles for this 2005 cherry red LS tagged at $29k and they could only get the payment to as low as 500 a month!!! BULLSH!T!! i almost cried cause i wanted that car sooo bad, but anyway... your best bet would be to find some younger guy who wud love to buy your car as is (like me) or you might have to strip it and put it on the market like that... sucks i kno, but u gotta do wut u gotta do... n if you hafta strip it, pleeeeeeeease let me be the first one you contact about that sound system, i would be more than HAPPY to take that off your hands and take good care of it in your twin brother LS over here :D good luck man, and nice LS

Pro, my friend I think a 1000 a mth car payment is sick too. Sooooo why not look at maybe a pre-certified M5 you can surely find one in sunny Florida for a reasonable price. I understand 1000 for a 02-04 model, try maybe a 00-01 they range around 30-38k around here. Good luck, my thoughts would be keep the LS and save your money for a 04-05 M5 in a couple years.

-Scott-

Not to bash or anything but I bought an 02 LS sport with average miles for 12900 from a DEALER with a one year warranty.

nc2tarheels said:
Not to bash or anything but I bought an 02 LS sport with average miles for 12900 from a DEALER with a one year warranty.

The Kelly Blue Book value for a private party sale on my car with it's miles and all my options in "good" condition is $12,495. That is the price with nothing else included in the sale. I have a ton of money invested in aftermaket goodies that someone will have no problem paying a little extra for. If it doesn't happen that way than I'll strip the car and sell it with all the original stuff back in it. I will then sell off all the goodies to the highest bidders. I've been told that I can get anywhere from 16-18k for it, and by someone who knows the business. If I can't get what I'm looking for, once it's stripped I'll probably bring it to Carmax and sell the goodies seperately. Trust me when I say this.. Someone will be a very lucky person to get this car for that price, it is worth every penny.

i agree with you Pro, you should have no problem findin somebody who loves moddin their car, and what better than gettin a car thats already modded?! especially since you live in Florida, there has to be alot of bitin on that bad a$$ Linc already... good luck with everything bro, and dont be a stranger to the LVC

LennDawg said:
i agree with you Pro, you should have no problem findin somebody who loves moddin their car, and what better than gettin a car thats already modded?! especially since you live in Florida, there has to be alot of bitin on that bad a$$ Linc already... good luck with everything bro, and dont be a stranger to the LVC

You know it.. I'll still be a lincoln man at heart and never forget my boys. I'm getting ready to move to knoxville, TN in the next year or so, because my company is moving its headquarters up there. I hope to run into Ken G. when I get there and see his LS. I'm thinking that I'll put her up for sale once I get back from a little vacation to the Netherlands next month. Unless someone offers me the money I'm looking for before I leave, I'll still have her another month. I'm getting upset even thinking about selling this car, but I think it will be best in the long run.

Members online

No members online now.
Back