sad face :(

Thirdworlddoug

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well another one bites the dust, on the third of this month a guy nailed me in the back and pushed me under the car in front of me. I was stuck in stop and go traffic, and the guy behind me decided not to do the stop part. Just got the call from the insurance today and looks like its going to be a total loss. They gave me two offers for the car, one being 500 less than the other if I wanted to keep the car. So it looks like ill be keeping it and parting it out. Everyone involved was ok thank god, just a couple bumps and bruises. Wanted to give you guys first go before it goes on craigslist.

For you who didn't know: 2003 black on black.

Some pictures:

image.jpg
image (1).jpg
image (2).jpg
linc insta.jpg

Ill get a list of parts available with prices as well as answer questions about the parts in the next day or two. I can also get better pictures if needed.

Some off the top of my head:

sct tuner
eibach springs with new shocks and shock mounts(installed this march)
Stock HIDs
K&N FIPK
Custom sub box from ebay for 2 12s
Fog light HIDs from ddm tuning
QTP electric cutouts

image.jpg

image (2).jpg

image (1).jpg

linc insta.jpg

image.jpg

image (1).jpg

image (2).jpg

I need the extra if it works properly might be interested in the K&N filter

damn, glad everyone was ok!

what's the story on the center console lid latch (or the entire lid if needed) shipped to 48160? (the lever that open the lid, not the slider latch)

did I read that right, they are gonna let you keep the car for only $500?!? thats more than worth it just for the engine or trans!

Damn, I'm standing in my driveway doing a quick repaint on the bumper thinking "this car was so abused in the city" and I see this. Mine is black on black as well, but an 02, so I keep picturing my car wrecked and I can't even imagine the feeling. Now to be a vulture...

Which tuner is it? X3? How much are you looking for it?

How much lower did the Eibachs make the car? Did it handle better, stay the same, or worsen? How would the dampening compare to a sport suspension?

What diameter are your cutouts?

That sucks :(

I actually discovered a "fix" for the ash tray. Use a dremel or drill, and a very small bit, and then superglue a tack thru the hole. You only get one shot. Fix has been working for 2 years.

Alright guys got the call from the insurance and the paper work is going to be sent out with there offer, just have to sign it and then the parts will start coming off. My inbox is filling up so just give me some time. If multiple people are interested in the same part it will be best offer or first come if i know the price i want.

I need the extra if it works properly might be interested in the K&N filter

extra?

damn, glad everyone was ok!

what's the story on the center console lid latch (or the entire lid if needed) shipped to 48160? (the lever that open the lid, not the slider latch)

did I read that right, they are gonna let you keep the car for only $500?!? thats more than worth it just for the engine or trans!

Thanks man, gotta say you have helped out a lot on here and I appreciate everything you have contributed to the community. Ill get the pic of that lid this weekend and send it over to you to take a look at it. Yep only $500 kinda sad how the value of our cars has diminished :(

I need you ash tray it works right. 64138

If you mean center console ashtray then yes it works right.

In box me with parts list...I have a 03

Basically everything you see in the pictures that isn't damaged will be for sale.

Damn, I'm standing in my driveway doing a quick repaint on the bumper thinking "this car was so abused in the city" and I see this. Mine is black on black as well, but an 02, so I keep picturing my car wrecked and I can't even imagine the feeling. Now to be a vulture...

Which tuner is it? X3? How much are you looking for it?

How much lower did the Eibachs make the car? Did it handle better, stay the same, or worsen? How would the dampening compare to a sport suspension?

What diameter are your cutouts?

That sucks :(

haha its all good man. yep sct X3 and its only been used once with my car. Ill try and PM you tomorrow with a price or post one on this thread. Loved the Eibachs for the short time I had them, they're are plenty of threads on here about height and all that. I personally never measured. Maybe made the car a little stiffer but the LS ride is fairly soft to begin with. I am going to have to find a stock set of springs and struts to throw back in place, shouldnt be a problem tho. Cutouts are same diameter as stock pipe. Might be keeping those for my next car depending on what I get, gotta a couple of options im looking at ;).

How much for the custom box?

Shipping is going to be the biggest issue with that i have to check its weight and see the cost of it. It does have existing screw holes from the subs and the amp that was mounted to the back of it just fyi.

I call dibs on the hinge!

which hinge?

Im interested in the k&n intake. Been looking for a while.

kk will respond to PM you sent, just have to decided what I want for it and make sure it wont be an issue getting it off.

thank you everyone for the responses

Custom box:

Ok just let me know I'll be checking the post frequently.

Quick question, do it allow access to the spare tire?

I assume it fits right where the bend is to lift up the panel. If so that would be great.

Sorry for your luck Doug, glad to hear everyone involved is ok, good luck with parting out, sure you'll make out good, lots of parts on that which are good and valuable to others. Good on you for parting to LVC, a little patience, good pricing and everyone happy happy happy.

Bummer, but you actually do have a third option. If you have the cash to pay for the repairs yourself and the car is fixable, repair it yourself and sue the other driver for the cost of repairs. This means you risk paying part on your own, but it also means your car isn't listed as totaled and you get your car back. My dad's done this before, and when he refused to accept the other guy's insurance settlement the other guy's insurance company paid the full cost of the repairs.

I would way rather take the money and buy another car. once a cars been wrecked, its never the same. sure most people can get it pretty close, but it just ain't the same.

Sorry to hear man, glad everyone is ok.

IMG_20140720_091036.jpg

Ash tray fix.
Just use a finishing nail or drywall nail or tack or whatever has a small flat head and a narrow spike, and cut it to poke out just 1/8"
If you wait long enough, your tires will pick one up for you :eek:

IMG_20140720_091036.jpg

Alright guys here's a link to a photobucket album that has pictures of parts wanted:

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/biteme31089/library/Lincoln%20ls/Lincoln%20LVC

sorry car is so dirty haven't cleaned it since day of accident. If you ask for parts ill try and clean them up as much as possible before shipping them off.

Custom box:

Ok just let me know I'll be checking the post frequently.

Quick question, do it allow access to the spare tire?

I assume it fits right where the bend is to lift up the panel. If so that would be great.

It does allow access, tried to take pics of condition as much as I could, let me know what you think. I couldn't remember or not but I may have put polyfill inside the box as well. Ill let you know once I remove the subs.

Sorry for your luck Doug, glad to hear everyone involved is ok, good luck with parting out, sure you'll make out good, lots of parts on that which are good and valuable to others. Good on you for parting to LVC, a little patience, good pricing and everyone happy happy happy.

Thanks bud

Bummer, but you actually do have a third option. If you have the cash to pay for the repairs yourself and the car is fixable, repair it yourself and sue the other driver for the cost of repairs. This means you risk paying part on your own, but it also means your car isn't listed as totaled and you get your car back. My dad's done this before, and when he refused to accept the other guy's insurance settlement the other guy's insurance company paid the full cost of the repairs.

Unfortunately the rear damage is beyond my expertise and tooling capabilities. If he would of hit a little softer I think it would be reparable :/

Sorry to hear man, glad everyone is ok.

Thanks man, cant wait to see yours up and running

Surprised no one has called dibs on the SCT tuner, Eibachs and/or folding mirrors yet.

Alright guys here's a link to a photobucket album that has pictures of parts wanted:

center console lid looks good to me. whatcha looking to get for it plus shipping to 48160 (can post either here or via PM)? I check in daily and will get notifications of any PMs

If you ask for parts ill try and clean them up as much as possible before shipping them off.
save yourself the time, don't worry about it with anything you send to me.

Surprised no one has called dibs on the SCT tuner, Eibachs and/or folding mirrors yet.

hell, if I didn't have a blowout last week, and have to buy a set of new rubber next week, I would probably be all over them...

I swear, it seems every single time somebody has a set for sale, is just plain old bad timing...

Members online

No members online now.
Back