sad at work :(

Outkast

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My poor LS has been sitting under my carport for 9 days now. Stupid coil failed again, now she runs as if she has swine flu. So I ordered 8 new coils for her....finally came in the mail on Thursday. I was hoping to wake up this morning and get it fixed, but noooo....some retard in south St. Louis wants to pour concrete in the 31 degree snowy weather.

Anyway, I just had to whine a lil bit...I miss my lincoln, and this Expedition is really sucking the petrol. Oh yeah...and the dang front tire decided to let go last night too...

IMAGE_031.gif

I hear ya, I only get to drive my LS one or two days a week on my day/s off. Where did you order the coils from?

I wqas going to ask that as well, since I need to order a set. Thinking about Accels.

How much were the coils? I am still debating if to pay 2 or 3 times as much for motor craft coils or just get ebay ones. You could probably get 3 sets with the amount of money you get motorcrafts for and still have some left over. If one set doesn't outlast motorcrafts maybe 2 will and they'll make up their moneys worth.

Pouring concrete under 40° huh? How did that work out for you? Hope there was a little extra in the mix or the result will be weak.

You plan to change the coils yourself?

Well, poured the concrete...yes 6.5 bag mix, hot water, calcium chloride...into a retaining wall in south county...I think it will set ok.

The coils cost me 139.00 with free shipping from ebay. Only bad part is it is only offered to ship by USPS, therefore it took 8 days to get here.

Got home from work and decided to get started, so I needed to move the LS back about 4 feet to accomodate my toolbox, plus the engine heat it created would have been nice since the temp by then was around 28 with wind chills in the single digits.

Hit the key, and she roars to life.....for about 4 seconds...then dead. Hit the key again...now it turns over real fast, with no fire....sounds JUST like a broken timing chain....

I proceed to change the coils...all 8 of them...I should have done plugs too, but I didn't. I've got right at 90k, so hopefully they will last a little longer. 3hrs, and some scraped knuckles later...i'm finished. Get out my victory cigerette, (unlit) and turn the key.............nothing

Sounds just like a car with a broken timing chain....wierd cranking...no fire at all..im beside myself.....go inside and check my info....YES ! I bought extended warrenty! whoo hoo....guess what...my warrenty ends at 90,111. I have 90412...they refused me cuz I'm out of warrenty....I start to cry...I must go and releave tension...so I do

IMAGE_034.gif

I talked to a couple buddies who tells me to put it in clear flood mode? WTF? They say, key on, put it all the way to the floor, puts it in clear flood mode...si I do...and the fu@ker starts...misses, smokes, shakes, but it runs.

After about 2 minutes, it starts to smooth out, but has a CEL now. Run it up to advanced auto, they check it, and its a cyl #7 misfire, clears the code, and she runs like a champ...better than it has since I've owned it. It has missed since I bought it two years ago...I've changed 2 coils previously, but it never completely fixed the wot miss.

I'm a busy guy...between chasing paper, my 7 year old, and keeping up with general life, I hardly have time to pamper my LS...I feel bad somtimes for neglecting her, but truthfully, she is the only one that wont get me arrested when I leave it outside and don't feed her..lol

BTW, I believe there was 2 coil failures this time, all 8 coils were dry, no sign of water, or oil...what I did notice was the green motorcraft stickers from the top of the coil, had melted/fallen off of the top of 3 of the 8 coils....heat?

HAppened to me too. I was like just over the 100,000 mark and just decided not to go. Bastards wount bugde. Yours was really close. Could've slipped a 20 and have him turn the other way while checking the mileage since it was so freaken close.

yep, I'm just glad its ok, they have offered me another extended warrenty for 2 more years or 24k for 1100 bucks...I'm not sure what to do...aside from coils and wheels bearings, this car has been pretty trouble free.

Wow, that would've pissed me off (about the no start after the coils). You have more patience than me.

Oh, and looks like you had some fun with the truck :)

oh, there was no patience...I was pi$$ed, yelling at that poor guy who turned me down for a few hundred miles of prepaid warrenty.

after the mudding episode and the LS actually starting, I did call back to Edwin at AUL corp and appoligize for my rudeness, thats when they offered me a new warrenty.

Tell you what Pete, If I had a lil common sense, I would have changed the plugs too, and it probably would have started right up.

Members online

Back