S/C Mark VIIIs

mrlandyacht

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering what Supercharger kits work well for the Mark VIII motors.
oh and for those who have them, what kind of power #s are you guys making and what kind of mpg do you maintain?

There are no direct kits There are Centrifical stlyes and the Twin Screw type that have been adapted to our cars by various members. I get about 21 MPG on highway with 3.73 gears. I also am using "C" style heads that helped facilitate using the KB intercooled setup.

I used Kenne Bell 2.6l on mine with 03 Cobra heads. The boys of House of Boost are going to plumb my 97 for a procharger d-1sc and custom three core intercooler.

But unfortunatly there is small or no demand for kits on the mark. so no one produces them. but don't let that stop you from doing it, with the right amount of intelligence anything can be done.

stay away from vortech and paxton if you go centrifugal, purely so you don't have to tap the oil pan. Procharger all the way plus more power per psi then any other supercharger on the market

oh yea, I took it out of the sig..lol.
it's doin ok..got the motor together but still trying to get the tuning right...I got it to hit 15.37 in the 1/4mile so far.
here's a run thru 1st for kicks..
645721.jpg

that's pretty darn impressive Roadboss...that much rwhp and getting 21mpg hwy..if it was stock, that mpg would be a little low if it had like 3.27s but with that gearing, that's darn nice.

would a Trilogy kit for a Marauder work?
is there any major differences from the Mark VIII motor to the 'Rauder motor?
maybe a difference in heads/cam?

Here are some pictures of my original Vortech SC build showing some of the tube work involved for the air to air aftercooler. All custom made from scratch. Save yourself some money, and buy a Mark already SC modified ;)

themarksc1001-1.jpg

themarksc1003-2.jpg

themarksc1004-2.jpg

themarksc1005-2.jpg

themarksc1007-2.jpg

themarksc1008-1.jpg

themarksc1009.jpg

themarksc1011.jpg

themarksc1012.jpg

themarksc1013.jpg

themarksc1014.jpg

themarksc1015.jpg

themarksc1016.jpg

themarksc1017.jpg

themarksc1018.jpg

themarksc1021.jpg

themarkscdynotune004.jpg

themarkscdynotune005.jpg

themarkscdynotune006.jpg

themarkscdynotune007.jpg

themarkscdynotune009.jpg

SCMarkfirstdayhome004.jpg

SCMarkfirstdayhome002.jpg

Mrlandyacht- as you can see from the great pics Mike has submitted there is no easy kit fix that you can snap up and buy for the Mark Vlll. You also may have to consider what hoods are available also, although we already know that an Eaton will clear the Gen ll with some spacers under the cross member.

My advice to you would be to get your funding together and stop by Alternative Automotive and see Lidio to get you started in the direction you choose. He's more than qualified in either type of SC setup, and he's in your back yard.

Here are some pictures of my original Vortech SC build showing some of the tube work involved for the air to air aftercooler. All custom made from scratch. Save yourself some money, and buy a Mark already SC modified ;)

SCMarkfirstdayhome004.jpg

SCMarkfirstdayhome002.jpg

Showoff!!!

If I ever find the f'g time, I'll be making a set of drop spindles. And I might as well make 3-4 sets for the guys who like playing with air suspension. In that case, you could possibly space your K member down over 2" with no side effects. Then you could use your stock 1st gen hood. Theoretically. I know some scientists might tell me I'm retared so there's the word, "theoretically".

anybody know offhand what a stock LSC runs in the 1/4mile?
I thought it was like 14.6ish...but I'm not sure.

thanx for those detailed pics mang.

anybody know offhand what a stock LSC runs in the 1/4mile?
I thought it was like 14.6ish...but I'm not sure.

thanx for those detailed pics mang.

depends on the year, my 98 lsc with a full stereo, spare tire etc (full street trim) ran a best of 15.1

I can't speak for Gen ll hoods but I can tell you that my Gen l Cobra style vents alot of hot engine air out thru the back of it, and actully is effective in helping things stay cooler under the hood, whilst giving me the couple inches clearance I need up at the nose of the SC.

Members online

No members online now.
Back