Rusty Intake Valves

briasmit91

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! It's been a while since I've been on here but hopefully I can get some advice on what to do next. So a couple of months ago, I posted on here that some water has gotten into my engine by the intake valves. Seems like surface rust, not too sure. First picture shows where the water has gotten into. It's the rear most, left and right. Just those two. I'm so close to getting everything back together but don't want to put it all back together and it not run right. The second photo shows how the valves look at the present state. Please help me get my baby running again!

IMG9504841.jpg

IMG9504811.jpg

Not good. The rust on top of the valves may scratch the cylinder walls when it falls in. The rust on the shafts may damage the valve stem seals. I don't know how you can resolve this without removing the cylinder heads.

Not good. The rust on top of the valves may scratch the cylinder walls when it falls in. The rust on the shafts may damage the valve stem seals. I don't know how you can resolve this without removing the cylinder heads.
Yeah I dont know why you're putting that back together. Looks to me like you need to continue taking it apart.

Members online

Back