Rusted out frame...

Marcus101

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So while my mechanic prepared to remove and install new rear control arms, he was alarmed by the amount of frame rust on both sides of the vehicle to the point where he told me to just scrap the car and get a new one.
The rust resembles this:

41d77b8c-a37b-11e6-815e-11c196ac9a02r.jpg

What should I do? Fix the control arms and ride it out? Or just buy a new car and scrap the lincoln...

So while my mechanic prepared to remove and install new rear control arms, he was alarmed by the amount of frame rust on both sides of the vehicle to the point where he told me to just scrap the car and get a new one.
The rust resembles this:

View attachment 828569120

What should I do? Fix the control arms and ride it out? Or just buy a new car and scrap the lincoln...
Is that the actual picture of your LS?

The rust resembles this:

View attachment 828569120

Looks like with all that weight loss you'll have a faster car

Is that the actual picture of your LS?
No, the big open, rusted portion is just like my LS frame right now. I love this car and rather fix all the imperfections but $ doesn't grow on trees lol.

Jacking the car up on a lift is difficult and seems unsafe according to my mechanic. Maybe I should take it to a different mechanic to be sure?

No, the big open, rusted portion is just like my LS frame right now. I love this car and rather fix all the imperfections but $ doesn't grow on trees lol.

Jacking the car up on a lift is difficult and seems unsafe according to my mechanic. Maybe I should take it to a different mechanic to be sure?
There are threads on this forum that will show you with pictures where the different points of contact can be made with a jack or lift when the main jack locations behind front wheels on driver and passenger side of car are rusted out

Members online

Back