Running dual fans 2004

Destineal

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I want to replace the oem fan with 2 smaller fans. Can I just connect these fans to the fan connector? I read that full tilt for the oem fan draws 43amps, while the 2 fans would be around 37 amps together.

The two fans will produce less air flow, through less of the radiator. That seems like a bad idea, since the LS cooling capacity is just enough as it is.
No, you can't just connect them. That connector has full power that is always on, even when the key is off. There are two control signals from the PCM (power and speed) that control the smart motor in the OEM fan assembly. There are control electronics inside the OEM motor that your two other fans will not have.

The two fans will produce less air flow, through less of the radiator. That seems like a bad idea, since the LS cooling capacity is just enough as it is.
No, you can't just connect them. That connector has full power that is always on, even when the key is off. There are two control signals from the PCM (power and speed) that control the smart motor in the OEM fan assembly. There are control electronics inside the OEM motor that your two other fans will not have.
I did notice the constant 12v earlier today. Is it fused?

Members online

No members online now.
Back