Ruff shift once up to speed

rcason

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 ls with the v6. Engine is running fine, so it sames, but once I am at cruising speed and give it some gas to speed up, it seems to not know what gear it wants to go to. Anyone have any idea's.

You have to be more specific. There is some slop in these transmissions. Is it a rough down shift? or just some lag?

It feels like it can't deside if it wants to down shift or not. Alot of stuttering and sometimes it acts as if wants to kind of bog down before a shift

could be TPS (throttle position sensor), converter, Solenoid Block, or even a servo...need more info!

do you have a Check engine light on? if so..have you pulled the code?
i would have the car checked for codes with or w/out a CEL.. but that's just me

its a good transmission,if you change all the crap fluid out in time.

On some shifts, the computer actually cuts engine power to make the shift. That could be the bogging feeling.

Mine gear hunts sometimes, but I think that's just a normal trait of this transmission. Seems like the harder I drive it the better the shifts get.

2004's have solenoid problems, but unless you can describe better this seems normal. Coils should never be ruled out when the word stuttering is used.

You could try a battery reset or try driving it a little different and see if it changes. But it won't solve an underlying problem.

On some shifts, the computer actually cuts engine power to make the shift. That could be the bogging feeling.

Mine gear hunts sometimes, but I think that's just a normal trait of this transmission. Seems like the harder I drive it the better the shifts get.

2004's have solenoid problems, but unless you can describe better this seems normal. Coils should never be ruled out when the word stuttering is used.

You could try a battery reset or try driving it a little different and see if it changes. But it won't solve an underlying problem.

OPs symptoms are not normal.
OP, for starters:
what is the status of coils/plugs?
last time you cleaned the MAF? throttlebody?
last time you changed fuel filter?
last time you ran a bottle of injector cleaner (lucas, seafoam, whatever you prefer)?
ALWAYS running 91+ octane?
tranny fluid level correct? tranny fluid changed within mfr spec?

answer all of this crap before you do anything. issues with any of the above could cause your issue and are all relatively simple things to check (except tranny IMO)

Members online

No members online now.
Back