Rubbing with 18" Wheels and tires?

immusicman

LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, before I made this post I spent forever looking at comments and pics regarding 18" tires. I found some running 255/45/18 tires which sounds hard to believe when others are saying they rubbed with 245/45/18 tires. I guess the offset has everything to do with rubbing. So to you tire and wheel gurus I am asking this. I just ordered some 18" wheels with 40mm offset and 6.5" backspacing. The tires I ordered was 245/45/18 but now I am having second thoughts. My ride height is stock and I would like to lower it a bit soon. Do you think it wise to change that order to 245/40/18 on tires? Any suggestions appreciated. Oh, my car is 2002 Lincoln ls sport
J

Last edited:
I run 245/45R18 with Eibach springs just fine. I do not remember the offset of the Ultraleggeras they are mounted on, but I think it is 40mm and since they are 8" wide, that would be the same as what you ordered.

I run 245/50r18 on 18x8.5 rims with offset of 49 and stock sport suspension. Only time I hear or get rub is when the suspension bottoms out which is kind of a moot point anyways. It's bottomed out, I would expect it to not be happy.

I will be going up to 255/45r18's soon as well as dropping 1" on stance coil-overs. I'll let you know how it turns out. Currently busy throwing money at mortgage brokers and title companies so everything is on hold until after I am saddled with 30-years of debt. YAY!

Members online

Back