royal purple oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ignore him, he thinks everything he does is the only right way. If you have expensive 20's his factory 16's are better if you use good oil his cheap :q:q:q:q is better and his girl friend that is 7 years younger than he is tells him it should be that way. He is a elitest and everything should be considered fact based on his opinion.

Still no documented technical data to dispute the data that SuperTech Synthetic exceeds Ford's motor oil requirements for motor oil? Not even from the longstanding bobistheoilguy.com website?

Nothing?

(this is tooo easy) ;-)

Contacted RP

I contacted RP to see which oil I should use if any for my 2000 V8 w/ 140,000 miles.

Hi Can you tell me which oil and tranni fluid to use in my 2000 Lincoln LS V8 3.9 Automatic?

Thank U
John

John,

For the V-8 engine, RP 5W30 - takes 6 quarts

For the automatic transmission - RP MaxATF - takes 11.8 quarts total fill

Thanks,

David

David Canitz
Tech Services Manager
Royal Purple Inc.

> Subject: RE: Automotive Questions _ Lincoln LS
>
> Thanks..also Car as 140,000 miles.
>
> 1ith no known leaks.
>
> Should I be ok?

You'll be fine.

The RP Motor Oils have been put into vehicles with higher mileage without
any issues.
The added cleaning ability of the synthetic base oils and additives will
clean up deposits slowly over time - they do not create leaks.
This rumor / myth is a result of the cleaning ability removing sludge left
by mineral oil removed from marginal gaskets / seals that have become hard
and cracked. The synthetic cleans up the sludge in the crack and exposes a
pre-existing leak but it did not cause the leak - just found one that was
already there.

Since your LS is not currently leaking oil, nor consuming oil, switching to
RP will lead to improved fuel mileage, reduced engine noise and vibration
and all around better performance.

Thanks for using RP.

David

David Canitz

i went to wal-mart to get the wal-mart brand oil but couldn't find it. what label is the oil under? SuperTech?

i went to wal-mart to get the wal-mart brand oil but couldn't find it. what label is the oil under? SuperTech?

Smart guy.

Yep. Supertech is their Full Synthetic branded motor oil. (Warren Inc is the distributor. At last check Penzoil was the base and additive package supplier. May have changed, but the SM and API ratings are consistent. WalMart is simply the label. They purchase in bulk and have no TV commercials or magazine ads, hence the savings.) I get the 5 quart 5w-30 jug for about $13 on sale, $14.88 is the regular price I think.

The SuperTech oil filters get even higher ratings in the tests, however, I couldnt fine one that fits the 3.9 V8, so I go with the lower rated Motorcraft oil filter.

well i had went and bought the royal purple oil today, so im going to let you guys know how it works when i get it changed, thanks for the input.

Is it on sale today? I mean, because you would know. Maybe I'll get some of that storm drain oil....

hey this oil is amazing. i mean you really could feel the difference of the performance i wonder how its going to do on fuel saving. but i recommend this for everyone. another question i would like to ask is it states you could go longer without oil changes, now i know its not good to run on dirty oil so why is this stating you could?

Go a few thousand miles past your normal mileage that you change. Check the dipstick, and you'll see why. It don't burn like others after a certain point and it stays fresh for a while.

Most full synthetic branded motor oil will outlive the oil filter. If your one that goes say 15K on an oil change, change the filter and add a qt. half way.

Most full synthetic branded motor oil will outlive the oil filter. If your one that goes say 15K on an oil change, change the filter and add a qt. half way.

+1. And correct, this is true for any full synthetic oil in general, assuming the engine is running in it's proper state of tune. But there are still other factors. Ex: if a person driving was mostly short trips (under 10 miles or so) where the engine never really ever got up to full operating temp on a regular basis, it's still a better idea to change every 5k miles or so, regardless of oil, because the condensation never burns off of the oil, and you will have conditions that are condusive to sludge buildup.

And I assume the person who just recently switched to synthetic above must have also been using a VERY heavy viscosity wieght oil before the switch, because I've yet to see a legitimate, unbiased dyno report that shows a noticeable hp gain just from going from one brand of synth oil to another within the same viscosity range. Even the unbiased dynos show HP "gains" of maybe 3-4hp. Which on a 250hp engine equates to about a 3%hp "gain", which is impossible to notice with the "butt" dyno.

Sometimes the placebo effect can be very strong. ;)

No, I called it garbage.

He called it marketing garbage....they both are correct.

Now where is that storm drain-----?

I said there isn't anything wrong with it.

Excellent!

The End.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back