Royal Purple in 1980 coupe deville?

hades

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hello... Im new to this forum and have a question,

I recently bought a 1980 Cadillac Coupe Deville, and its in excellent condition, It has a little over 87,000 original miles on it, runs very, very nice. The owner had classic plates on it and told me he never drove it in winter so to take care of it.

Many people have told me it is very rare to find a 1980 coupe deville in this condition and I'd like to give it the best treatment.... I have to give it a tune-up and get a few electrical problems solved but thats besides the point.

Id like to start giving my car Royal Purple starting the next oil change because I have heard too many good things about it. but one friend told me not to use synthetic oils in older cars because it could leak through engine seals... But royal purple isnt an ordinary synthetic oil.

I emailed royal purple about that, this is what they said...
"Using higher performance oils such as RP will not cause seals to leak but it will expose damaged or marginal seals. If your engine is tight and does not have external oil leaks or consume more than a quart of oil in 1500 miles of driving, you should not have any oil related problems. Your friend is not wrong but he also is not right. Conventional oil can also cause leaks as it leaves abrasive deposits, etc which damage seals and causes oil leaks as well."

Id really like to start using royal purple because Ive seen what it has done for some cars and Id like to start giving my car the treatment it deserves. Its been sitting in a garage most of its life.
Is it cool to start using RP, how can I check if my car has marginal or damaged seals? because of the cars condition I think im ok, but how can I check?

Id appreciate any advice or feedback, thanks...

:W to :V the caddy guys should be able to help you. Post some pics of the Caddy!!!

Sorry that no Cadi owners have responded yet Hades.
I dont think this forum is too popular.
I cant help you with this, but congratz on the Cadi.

Ha, I can see that....

Thanks for dropping by the thread though fellas...

Members online

Back