Rotors

tyler1313

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a time when I should replace my rotors. I dont know how long they last but I have a 2000 V6 that has 125,000 miles and we still have the originals. The fronts rims are rusted but the sides seem to be ok, they have a few rust spots on them though. The backs are rusted all around and seem to be cracking around the rim of the rotor.

Can anyone tell me if there is a time when I should replace my rotors. I dont know how long they last but I have a 2000 V6 that has 125,000 miles and we still have the originals. The fronts rims are rusted but the sides seem to be ok, they have a few rust spots on them though. The backs are rusted all around and seem to be cracking around the rim of the rotor.

Rusted and cracked? I'd say a good time is TOMORROW. I changed mine at 45k, but every car is different. They dont cost enough to not get them replaced. Too many BAD things to go wrong.

lol wow dude u drive very conservativly if u still got those on there

usually rotors are replaced with the first set of pads, or the second set if you're lucky. if the friction surface (face) of the rotors is smooth and defect free, you're okay. Any cracks, pitting, abrasion or wear lines... time to get new ones!

The fronts rims are rusted but the sides seem to be ok, they have a few rust spots on them though. The backs are rusted all around and seem to be cracking around the rim of the rotor.

I have a brand new set of LS rotors, front and back that have been cryo treated to resist warping, cracking, etc.

I have a business that cryo treats rotors. We do everything. All makes/models. Engines. Diff's. You name it.

If interested, send me a PM and I'll hit you up with a price for all 4 rotors.

P>S> You can pick up the pads anywhere.

I have a brand new set of LS rotors, front and back that have been cryo treated to resist warping, cracking, etc.

I have a business that cryo treats rotors. We do everything. All makes/models. Engines. Diff's. You name it.

If interested, send me a PM and I'll hit you up with a price for all 4 rotors.

P>S> You can pick up the pads anywhere.

Virtually all metallic rotors used in racing today are cryo treated... As I recall, a pretty large university did a test compairing standard rotors and standard cryo treated rotors and found the durability was increased by up to 300%. I'm running powerslot cryo's on my 03 LS.

Virtually all metallic rotors used in racing today are cryo treated... As I recall, a pretty large university did a test compairing standard rotors and standard cryo treated rotors and found the durability was increased by up to 300%. I'm running powerslot cryo's on my 03 LS.

You hit the nail on the head.

We do everything from 180 lb motorcoach bus drums to high end rotors used in all forms of racing. School buses, golf clubs. Heck we even do snow plow blades that last almost twice as long and with plow blades, that is like putting a screwdriver up against a bench grinder.:D

If you're serious about what you put on your car, cryo'd rotors are certainly high end. You can run harder pads that won't 'dust' nearly as much and they won't warp. Cryo has also proven to reduce cracking around the holes on drilled rotor so your expensive bling/bling doesn't turn to crap after one year.

We can't turn a nickle into a quarter, but we sure can make that quarter last alot longer.

Coach Bus Drum gold (600 x 450).jpg

Coach Bus Rotor silver (600 x 450).jpg

MarkVIII stock rotor (600 x 450).jpg

Cryo Rotors pics 012 (450 x 600).jpg

Yamaha Engines (450 x 600).jpg

We might have gotten new rotors awhile ago but my dad cant remember. But by the way they look I wouldnt be surprised if they were the originals.

if your rotors are crackes do you really need to ask if its time to get new ones? lol

if your rotors are crackes do you really need to ask if its time to get new ones? lol

Yea your right but It looked like they were. Its hard to see through my rims but I know there was rust. I am getting some new ones. And my dad always wants me to ask other people. He says he will pay for it if i need it, but not if i dont, so i wanted people to tell us that we need them. It worked because hes paying for them lol.

Yea your right but It looked like they were. Its hard to see through my rims but I know there was rust. I am getting some new ones. And my dad always wants me to ask other people. He says he will pay for it if i need it, but not if i dont, so i wanted people to tell us that we need them. It worked because hes paying for them lol.
Yeaaahhh for daddy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back