Rod Bearings set for 2000 Lincoln LS 3.9L V8

dimiksal

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I can't find the rod bearings set for my Lincoln LS 3.9L, does anyone know where to find this part?

The Jag 4.0 is the same engine. Contact your local Jaguar dealership.

Warning... if they can get them, they won't be cheap.

Why do you thing you need rod bearings?

The Jag 4.0 is the same engine. Contact your local Jaguar dealership.

Warning... if they can get them, they won't be cheap.

Why do you thing you need rod bearings?
Thank you! It's time to service the engine. I found these parts, but what is the difference between these parts - green, yellow and blue markings? I need 0.25mm

Like I said... call your local Jaguar dealer.

What caused the bearings to need service?

Mileage? Is your LS a Gen 1 (1999 -2002)?

The Gen 1 3.9 was known for some oil pump failures... so you may need more than rod bearings.

Hey 04 Sport, Your say the Gen 1 LS has oil pump issues, not to long ago I bottomed out my 2000 and lost all the oil only a half oil filter left in the motor. It ran great just like normal and sitting at a stop light it just shut down , no knocking , pings or even a grind,. I didn't seize the motor it did fire up again but she was not happy at all. I replaced the pan,oil,filter . I pulled the plugs and put a spoonful of " Motor Honey" down each cylinder and fired it again. ( That really fowled the plugs ) so I also replaced them. With the pan down I found my passenger side tensioner had come apart so I'm in the middle of replacing both sides. So anyways I'm asking , Do you think my oil pump may be gone also? The car is a 2000 LS base 3.9 V8 with 127,000 miles and they are all hiway miles and taken care of miles,

After a PM response from Larry85326, I sent him the following:

"
So if I understand you corrrectly, you found pieces of the timing chain tensioner in the oil pan after the oil pan got crushed when you hit a big pothole?

You then got it running, and are now you are getting backfires coming up through the intake manifold and into the air cleaner?

It sounds like when the oil pan got crushed, it came in contact with the crankshaft, which then put stress on the timing chains and caused a failure of the timing chain tensioner.

This most likely caused the camshafts on the passenger side to get out of time, and maybe bend some valves on the passenger side head.

At this point I will say that the oil pump is not the issue, and you will probably have to pull the passenger side head to see if any valves came in contact with the pistons, and check the passenger side head for any bent valves. A machine shop would be able to test that, but if the pistons did hit any valves it may have also bent some connecting rods on the passenger side of the engine.

Sorry to have to tell you this."

Members online

Back