Rke

Ahmad

New LVC Member
Reaction score
My key fob doesn't unlock my vehicle until i unlock my trunk then i can use the key fob to unlock the doors. But after like 30 mins or so i have to repeat. Do i need to replace the antenna? And if so where is it located?

Sounds more like a power or module problem than an antenna problem. The RF receiver is in the DDM (Driver's Door Module).

Yes, the Driver's Door Module is in the Driver's door.

Does new ddm mean new door keypad code?

Yes. Also, if you have a 1st gen, you will need a good scan tool (maybe Forscan can do it?) or a dealer to program it for your remotes (key fobs).

Before throwing another DDM at it, I would verify that constant power feed to the DDM is good, and check the rest of the signalling. It sounds like it is failing when the car sleeps and the REM turns the SSP relays off.

Yes. Also, if you have a 1st gen, you will need a good scan tool (maybe Forscan can do it?) or a dealer to program it for your remotes (key fobs).

Before throwing another DDM at it, I would verify that constant power feed to the DDM is good, and check the rest of the signalling. It sounds like it is failing when the car sleeps and the REM turns the SSP relays off.

Not that good at cars, so would i check the fuses? Because that sounds like a probable cause. Only when i open my trunk and give power to the car via lights the car responds to the keyfob.

You can check the fuses, but it is more complicated than that. It's unlikely that a fuse blew and this is your only symptom. Also, if one did blow, fuses blow for a reason. You would have to find and resolve that reason.

To complicate the fuse issue even further, at one time I pulled in and parked, and on the next try at start-up---no joy. I traced it to a blown fuse feeding the fuel system and replaced it. That was a couple of years ago, and there has been no repeat.

I emphatically agree that a blown fuse usually has an 'outside' cause, but sometimes, apparently not.

KS

Members online

No members online now.
Back