RIP my 02

02 ls8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
so i was on the freeway cruise control at just under 2krpm and im in the far left lane when i start to hear the evil noise that cost my car its life, it was the dreadful babies rattle knocking. i then frantically turned off cruise control and started to get over because i knew what was going to happen next, and long and behold....POW, its strange because theres no oil on the bottom side of the car at all and theres none on the dipstick which i had just check two days before and it was at 3/4ths, im yet to tear it all apart and find out what exactly happened, it sounded like a spun bearing but we will just have to see.........sooo anyone know where i can get a fresh 3.9?

im buying a full clip motor and trans from a recently totaled 02 50k miles for $2100, old lady driven single owner all maintance reccords, going to be starting the swap hopefully tomorrow

ur doing it or a shop is?

Do you have to get the ecu out of that car as well?

I guess I haven't thought about it, but I figured our cars with their 10 bazillion computers would let you know theres no oil...

there was oil buddy i had checked it a day before, and im doing at my dads shop and yes it is coming with the ecu

not bad for a complete engine/trans. I'm actually on the lookout right now too for that combo. Just to prep and have ready for when this one goes. I rolled over 152k this morning on the way to work.

there was oil buddy i had checked it a day before, and im doing at my dads shop and yes it is coming with the ecu
I would keep your car's PCM. It shouldn't care about the engine replacement, but the new ECM will care about your car's instrument cluster, keys, and keyfobs. If you do go with the new engine's PCM, you'll have to take it to a dealer (or a shop with a Ford NGS) to have those parts mated to the new PCM.

BTW, good luck on this!

Members online

Back