RIP LS hello BMW!

zintkala

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!

I know I have not been on here in quite a while, sorry. Figured I would give everyone an update on my beloved LS. While crossing the bridge from Captree on Fire Island back to Long Island, NY in 2010 in the middle of a bad storm I hit something and cut down a front tire. This resulted in my beloved LS being wadded into a ball (literally) and almost going over the side into the ocean below. Good thing was I walked away from the accident, bad was that the airbags never deployed and the car was totaled. I had been out there for work and was visiting some fishing buddies on the Island.

I spent the next six months looking for a replacement before I finally found something special enough to replace it. I ended up buying a low mileage 2003 BMW 540iT sport. Very cool car and one of less than 250 V8 Wagons imported into the US that year and one of less than 800 produced worldwide. Last year of the E39 which in my opinion is the best all around car BMW has ever made. I love it! Phenomenal craftsmanship, practical, huge aftermarket, fast and handles great. As it sits now it has a CAI, 3" cat back exhaust with a single Magnaflow muffler, factory resonators deleted, Earlier large runner M60 intake manifold, BC Racing front coil overs, adjustable lowering links for the airbag ride height sensors in the rear, rear M5 sway bar/stock sport front, Porterfield R4S brake pads on R1 concepts drilled premium rotors, Braided SS brake lines, Powerflex polyurethane bushings in the whole front suspension, 19x8.5 and 19x9.5 Miro 359's with 245 and 275 General Gmax tires. It rides much better that the stock sport suspension, incredible handling, runs 13.8's in the 1/4, gets @ 18/25 mpg average, looks great, sounds wicked when you jump on it and hauls all of my fishing and shooting gear on the weekends. I run Blizzacks on the stock rims in the winter and it does fantastic in the snow. Overall one of my favorite cars I've ever owned. I will be clearing out some LS stuff that I have laying around soon. Hope everyone is well. Peace! image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back