rims

tool88

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all this past summer i seen a 97 with what looked like 2010 mkz rims on them, when asked he said they were special order, did the mark8 have that option for that rim?

also i seen some LS rims up in harrys that are in perfect shape and was thinking of getting them but how much spacer would i need to make it right? and then how safe would it be?

and since the weather in pa has been so bad and i don't want to end up in another farmers field again i was going to purchase a set of nokian wrg3 does any one have any input to how they would compare to like blizzaks? i don't want to put strictly snow tires on it but something that would be all season but damn good in the snow.

also how stupid would 235 be on stock sized rims

thank you

From what I gather it looks like at least the 2013 Lincoln MKZ wheels should fit properly (2012 and prior are 4x4.5)

2013 Lincoln MKZ Specifications
Bolt Pattern: 5x108 • Center Bore: 63.4 • Hardware:12x1.50 Lug • Offset: 34-45mm

OE and Aftermarket Tire Sizes:
18 inch: 245/45-18
19 inch: 245/40-19
20 inch: 255/35-20

I have 2013 Ford Focus wheels on my 95' tbird - sit in a little bit (a 1/4" spacer would make them look great) but, they bolted right up.

LS wheels require a pretty significant spacer, being either bolt on or requiring longer studs.

235 is only 1cm wider section width (not tread) than 225, shouldn't be a problem at all, if same ratio (235/60/16) then they will also be slightly taller.

17" LS wheels need a spacer for the front. they will hit the spindle

235s on a stock wheel is just fine. i have 235s on the rear of my 96 right now.

IMG_20140114_092428.jpgthanks to all who replied to my post.

my rims are shot wont hold the bead on the back passenger side, still not sure what i want to get stock or aftermarket oem rims. since it is a "rare" lsc spring feature car its to bad i cant find the OctaStar wheels for it.

IMG_20140114_092428.jpg

If the beads aren't bad on the rims with a ton of corrosion you could try cleaning them and then spraying them with a clearcoat inside the tire area.

no the corrosion is bad and the chrome is flaking off pretty bad, plus they are ssc aftermarket look alikes.

Ive been playing dress up at tire rack but im still not sure what i want to do yet

I with experience have had Blizzaks and X-Ices's and you accept no substitutes for quality. General makes a actimax winter tire thats only OK.
Hey all this past summer i seen a 97 with what looked like 2010 mkz rims on them, when asked he said they were special order, did the mark8 have that option for that rim?

also i seen some LS rims up in harrys that are in perfect shape and was thinking of getting them but how much spacer would i need to make it right? and then how safe would it be?

and since the weather in pa has been so bad and i don't want to end up in another farmers field again i was going to purchase a set of nokian wrg3 does any one have any input to how they would compare to like blizzaks? i don't want to put strictly snow tires on it but something that would be all season but damn good in the snow.

also how stupid would 235 be on stock sized rims

thank you

I've got a set of Cobra Rs where the chrome went bad on me - I'm having the worst wheel chrome stripped at a local plater and going to see if the set is salvage le by polishing or painting. Two wheels are perfect, two have bad peel.

I thought about the nokian hakkapeliitta which is supposed to be the best out there, but i wanted something i can have on all year round so i was thinking about nokian wrg3.

that being said driving home this morning in 2 inches of wet snow i can honestly say this is the scariest car i have ever had in the snow.

I recently purchased two Octastar wheels and he had two more for sale (about 10 days ago). PM me and I will give you the contact info if you are interested.

Members online

No members online now.
Back