Rims Rims Rims

centason

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Finding aftermarket rims with a 5x108 bolt pattern is a headache. I am thinking about changing the bolt pattern to a more common type directly on the hub. And offsets in this bolt pattern? Few and far between will fit the rear. I like the Jag rims, but I was looking for another set for the summer too. I've seen articles on changing the bolt pattern directly on the hub, you just need the correct hubcentric ring for your car. Any opinions?

No adapter. I'm talking about making a whole new pattern directly on the hub. Since the weight of the car isn't supported by the lug nuts, I shouldn't have a problem making a new pattern with the correct hubcentric ring. I've read articles where people have done this in auto cross just for the fact they needed a lighter wheel, and their bolt pattern did not allow for the wider range of options that a more common pattern has.

I wasn't aware finding a 5x108 was difficult. Is it more that you are not much a fan of the choices that you have found? I ask because most of us on here have aftermarket wheels on our cars.

I wasn't aware finding a 5x108 was difficult. Is it more that you are not much a fan of the choices that you have found? I ask because most of us on here have aftermarket wheels on our cars.
Yes, not a big fan of the choices out there. I guess after owning a few MKIII Supras, where there are endless choices, I was just a little dissapointed. I want staggered, but the rear offset is killing me on most of them. Anyone know what's a good range of offset I need to be in, in the rear?

If you are good with fiberglass, I know where a staggered black and silver set is. 19x9.5 +40 rear and a 19x8.5 front. One wheel needs a bit of refinishing(looks like light curb rash) but they look great. That rear is going to protrude a bit more from the wheel well than what I want or I would have pulled the trigger on them Tuesday. Going to have my wheel lips polished out instead. r

Yes, not a big fan of the choices out there. I guess after owning a few MKIII Supras, where there are endless choices, I was just a little dissapointed. I want staggered, but the rear offset is killing me on most of them. Anyone know what's a good range of offset I need to be in, in the rear?

9.5's on 285's on the rear will fit with an offset of 57mm. Of course this would have to be a custom job.

You can go a little more aggressive, but then you will need to shave the fender lip.

Members online

Back