rim/tire size help!

blackedls

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, im about to buy a set of 20's, but am getting nervous about choosing the size of the rim and tires. does it matter if they are 20x7.5, 20x8.0, or 20x8.5? and what do those mean?
oh and for tire sizes i wanted something loprofile...but the suggested size for the LS is 245/35x20. does anyone have any input about what tires i should get for the best look?
any help will be greatly appreciated!
thanks a ton,
rob

the 7.5, 8, etc are the widths... mine are 20x9.5s ... i ferget wut size tires i have, i will check tomorro and let you know

and just like i tell every1 who is looking to buy some 20s... BUY MINE!! :D

Go with the 245/35/20's they are your best bet. The normal rubbing issue is with the rear passenger side under a fully loaded car(four ppl in the car). It depends on the off-set of the wheels. But 9 outta 10 guys here with 20's have that passenger side rub. Most guys are also running 20 x 8.5 I think... Lenndawg is pimpin it with the 9.5...:D

I threw my Foose Lussos on this weekend for fun (still winter here in WI) and was surprized how much room I have for clearance. They are 20X8.5 and I thought I would have an issue with rubbing as a few other Foose wheel owners have had. So far so good and I even drove it crooked in my brothers driveway to force the wheel up in the well, stopped and checked the clearance. For that thing to rub I'd have to seriously be slammed down. The tires are the 245/35 Nittos.

I have 8.5x20 for mine with 255/35/20, no rubbing unless a big bump and loaded but just in the rear.

Hey long a$$ screen name guy...:D
I have the foose speedsters with nitto nt555 I checked mine that way too, to see how much clearance I had. The fooses must have a good offset because my other 20's rubbed all the time, I haven't had any problems with the new ones.

00ls5spd said:
Hey long a$$ screen name guy...:D
I have the foose speedsters with nitto nt555 I checked mine that way too, to see how much clearance I had. The fooses must have a good offset because my other 20's rubbed all the time, I haven't had any problems with the new ones.
I haven't drivin on them enough to say for sure, but I was really surprized as to how much clearance they had. The edge of the rim would have to be too the well edge, and even then it looked like the tire would hit the inner plastic well first. I think my resenators would hit the ground first:D

so if i didnt want my rims bulging out of the side of my car, i should go with a 20x8 or a 20x7.5?

It would also determine what the offset of the wheel is. Just because it is little wider won't necessarily make it stick out beyond the fender more. The lower the offset like 36-38mm will make the wheel stick further out. Remember that the stock offset on a set of 17" x 7.5" OEM wheels is 60mm.

Members online

No members online now.
Back