Rim Selection

JerzyHustler

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am new to the forums. I recently became the proud owner of a 2000 Lincoln LS V8. I am trying to go with a Blackout theme, I recently got the windows tinted all around and now I am looking into getting a set of rims. I would like to go with a Black rim with chrome highlights (either the lip or inserts). I had a couple in mind but would like to get some feedback from you guys who have been in the LS game alot longer. I have added pics of my LS in my gallery and will post images of the rims in this thread. Thanks in advance for your response.

%5Cwheels%5CGIOVANNA_ARARAT_BLKCAP_CH_2_W.jpg
GIOVANNA_ARARAT8.5_BLK_1_W.jpg

what size do you plan on getting? if 20s or up make sure you get the exact offset so no rubbing, I really like the top choice, real nice wheel the chrome accents it really nice.

Thanks, I am planning on going with 20's. (Sorry to those who don't like the 20's, but at least its not all chrome) Thats another thing I have been reading up on, the tire size seems to be very important when it comes to rubbing. I am not a car guy at all, I just like to dress them up and look at them. So any help you guys can provide would help me out tremendously.

I realize you are dead set on 20's.

With that, I'll keep off my over 18 inch rim soapbox. :lol:

Now..one thing to note, often when you increase the wheel size, you end up with more wheelwell gap. DOnt ask how, you just do.

Which means the car ends up looking lifted and LESS agressive than stock.
So you have to get lowering springs to drop it an inch or more.

And with 20's, if you arent equipped with the perfect offset/perfect tire combo, you end up with rubbing, especially over speed bumps/road dips, and with ANY passengers or load in the back.

With that in mind..do a LOT of research before selecting the 20 inch rim you desire. We cant tell you how many young guys who use no punctuation, capitalize every other letter and use a lot of "zzzzz's" in their words..have come back here 4 months later with "sellling my dubs/twinkies, who wants to buy them?" threads.

Consider offset, tire size, and suspension..then choose wisely.

Okay, so lets put it this way. I am not dead set on the rim size for two reasons, (1) I don't want to compromise the look of the vehicle and (2) who doesn't want to spend less. So with that being said I am still keeping an open mind with respects to size. I noticed that the the specs on the rims I am looking at range between 8" - 8.5", which I am assuming to be the with of the rim. In you guys experience is that too wide, I read a post where someone went with a 7.5" wide Rim I believe. Again, I an such a nub so I could be totally wrong. I do love the look of these two rims, so I would hate to have to fall in love with another style, but for the sake of keeping me from blowing out my tire due to rubbing I would overcome that feeling.

Iseguy, you also mentioned springs which I knew was something I would have to get adjusted. But would I also have to change the shocks/suspension (again terminology could be way off)?

Here is another rim I found that looks pretty good, because I just found out that they stopped making the all black rim I posted above.

1140%20BAC%20BLACK%20500.jpg

Iseguy, you also mentioned springs which I knew was something I would have to get adjusted. But would I also have to change the shocks/suspension (again terminology could be way off)?

You can still stay in the Overall Diameter with 20's so dont worry aboout the
4x4 look it wont happen. Truth be it that my car dont look any different then it did stock as far as ride height, and some people, more than any, ask if they are 18's.

**UPDATE**

So, I ordered the Giovanna Rims the Chrome w/Black Cap. (pictured top left in first post) I will post pics this weekend when they are put on and looking all pretty.

Members online

No members online now.
Back