Rim Offset?

TheBigL'sLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
How would an 18 x 7.5 with a + 38 offset fit the LS? Would it stick out past the fender at all?

It would be very very close. Stock is 60mm, mine are 42 and their almost flush with the fender at the top, stick out a little at the bottom edge of the fenders.

edit: mine are 17x7.5

You're going to shift the wheel outward by almost an inch with that offset (the stock 17" wheels are 17"x7.5", so you're not gaining any width). I haven't really paid that much attention to how the wheels fit in the wells, so I don't know if that'll stick out past the fenders.

It's not going to stick out, just because the wheel is too narrow. You should get at least a 8" wide wheel if you are going with 18s.

What are the chances of me having any rubbing problems. Im looking at ordering a set of 18X8.5 wheels for my car with 45mm offset. And wrapping them up will be 215/35R18 tires. Would i have to roll my fender lip?

Roadwarrior50 said:
And wrapping them up will be 215/35R18 tires.
Are you sure about that tire width? You're really going an inch wider on the wheel and almost an inch narrower on the tire? :confused:

18x8.5 @45mm is very good, but you should be running 245/40/18s with those. 215/35/18s are too narrow and too small for the LS, I have 225/40/18s which are taller and wider on my Mercury Mistique. Some people are running 245/45/18, but I think it's too tall for an 18" rim and the LS. 245/40/18s are perfect for the LS and you won't have any rubbing problems with 45mm offset even with a 8.5" wide wheel.

Roadwarrior50 said:
What are the chances of me having any rubbing problems. Im looking at ordering a set of 18X8.5 wheels for my car with 45mm offset. And wrapping them up will be 215/35R18 tires. Would i have to roll my fender lip?

That was the size wheels that the package came with. Ill swap it over to some 245/40's when i order it. Thanks for pointing that out. I was just going by whatever the website said.

Hey I' running 18x8 wheel with 245-40-18 rear. The offset for the rim is 46 and it fits just right no need to roll the lip. Its all tucked under the fender front and rear. The front tire is 225-45-18. Even with two adults in the back seat I don't have any issue with the tires. I also have Eibach's on my car for a lower stance.

You got really narrow wheels my friend.

Anyways, you should probably still put 245/40/18s but they won't fit as good as they would on a 8" wide wheel.

TheBigL'sLS said:
Alright so I got the rims, 18"x7.5"

What do you suggest as far as tires?

Members online

No members online now.
Back