Rim Idea's

g4rgoyle

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Should i change any thing

Ok i bought these rims, and my car is for those that don't know is a 2002 ls sport and is black. I have to resurface them, not sure if you can see it in the picture for it was take with my phone, for my camera battery died. But if you look around the rivets and and on the side of the spoke part is a greyish silver and also on the inside of the rim. Not sure if i should add some black to these or not looking for oppinons. Let me know what you think. Just not sure if it should be all shiny. I will also post what they look like new. When i am done i will show the ending product, Just alot of wet sanding. Just to add they are machined allminum.

7118bcf_20.jpg

rev[1].jpg

Well here is the first rim cleaned up, three more to go. But i have to have one straightened, then i will be good to go and put them on. As of the first post on changing the colour i think i will just leave it.

DSC00077.jpg

What are you using to clean them? I'm a big fan of P21S Polishing Soap. Just can't use it on painted, anodized, or clear coated wheels.

g4rgoyle: very well done! I gotta see those when you're done.

What are you using to clean them? I'm a big fan of P21S Polishing Soap. Just can't use it on painted, anodized, or clear coated wheels.

Pete, check your inbox please :D

I started with 220 wet sanding paper then up to 600,1000,1500,2000,and 2500. Then i have used anosol polish and i was going to use mothers polish but deciede to try Blue Majic polishing cream.

Well two rims gone in for straighting should have them back by the end of the week. Even the guy that came to pick them up was impressed for he also resurface rims. Been reading some of you have used hub centric ring so i will be buying some of those, don't want the wobble. Hub i have read is 63.36mm and the rim is inner is 72.6mm. And some new lugs for the factory ones won't fit with those big washers, not only that my as well have it looking clean. So as soon as i get rims back have one left to clean up and should be good to go and have the tires put on and on the car. Post picture after done!

Members online

Back