Rim fitment

TNT_Tile

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Found a set of jaguar staggered rims. I have read all the posts and even though I know the awnswer I still feel the need to ask. They are 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 backs. I wasn't sure if anyone has ever tried a spacer on the back to make the offset work. They are Caravela Rims and I an not sure of the off set. Any help would be great. I have to replace my tires and I'd like to update the look with rims if possible. Already going to invest around 700 so looking for a rim and tire deal.

Found a set of jaguar staggered rims. I have read all the posts and even though I know the awnswer I still feel the need to ask. They are 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 backs. I wasn't sure if anyone has ever tried a spacer on the back to make the offset work. They are Caravela Rims and I an not sure of the off set. Any help would be great. I have to replace my tires and I'd like to update the look with rims if possible. Already going to invest around 700 so looking for a rim and tire deal.

Jaguar wheels should fit no problem. I wouldn't mess with spacers...

Jaguar wheels should fit no problem. I wouldn't mess with spacers...

Especially considering 5mm spacers are too thick for the stock hub but too thin for their own hub, and anything more than that leaves too little thread for the lugs

Not all Jag rears fit. It depends on the model. S-type Rs fit the LS. XKR rears do not. I don't know about XF and XJ rims.

willtheyfit.com

Not all Jag rears fit. It depends on the model.

its usually the cars that have staggered sizes that have rear fitment issues, in those cases, most people just buy 4 front wheels.

In order to get a better idea of the fitment you need wheel width AND offset. In general, the lower the et (offset), the farther the wheel sticks out relative to the body of the car. Wheels with a high offset (et60 for example) tuck in more.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/showthread.php?83591-Wheels-101

Two wheels with identical widths, but offsets of et35 and et60. The et35 will stick out more by roughly 25mm. When you change to a wider wheel and a lower offset you are moving outward for two reasons, the mounting surface of the wheel is moving closer to the center line of the wheel, and the wheel itself is becoming wider.

Willtheyfit.com is a great resource for typing in stock wheel specs and the new desired wheel. I also like to measure the distance between face of the wheel and outer fender of my stock setup, before committing to a a new wheel to get a feel for how much room I have to move out. I want to say the limit is around et35 on a 9.5" wheel for the LS. Based on the jagwheel fitment thread.

The last thing to consider would be brake clearance based on both offset and spoke design. Jag wheels will most likely not present a problem for you on an LS though. At least I have yet to see that be an issue with oem LS brakes and Jag wheels.

38 or 40 is a nice offset on the LS

Thanks for all the info. The rim and tire are jaguar caravela rims.
Staggered setup 8.5 front and 9.5 rear rims with 245 40 19 and 275 40 19 tires.
image.jpg
I measured the added dimensions and it look like it would fit but I am not sure if it will rub once on the road.image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thanks for all the info. The rim and tire are jaguar caravela rims.
Staggered setup 8.5 front and 9.5 rear rims with 245 40 19 and 275 40 19 tires.
View attachment 828475610
I measured the added dimensions and it look like it would fit but I am not sure if it will rub once on the road.View attachment 828475611

Might fit but a 10% differential is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much! You want no more than 3%. And the car will be ~1 1/2" higher!!!

also, with a staggered wheel, you do not want to have the same tire height number for both wheels 245/40/19 and 275/40/19 that will make the ass end sit up in the air as the rear tires alone will be a half an inch taller, you will want to step the rear sidewall down a step like a 275/35/R19 and a 245/40/R19. this way instead of the rear tires sidewall being 12mm larger, they will only be 1.75mm smaller.

but then again, if I was running a 240 wide front tire, I would surely want a much lower (than 40) side wall so that my car was not being lifted like a diesel truck.

also, with a staggered wheel, you do not want to have the same tire height number for both wheels 245/40/19 and 275/40/19 that will make the ass end sit up in the air as the rear tires alone will be a half an inch taller, you will want to step the rear sidewall down a step like a 275/35/R19 and a 245/40/R19.

Wouldn't the sidewalk be the same it would just be the width of the tire in front and back that would be different.

I'm looking into options I need 4 new tires and my original 16" stock rims just don't do the car any justice. I'll be into it for 600plus to rewrap them and the rim I showed was a take off a jaguar for 800 with tires 6 mo old. I don't believe the rims will work but if they fit is it worth it compared to the stock 16" rim

Wouldn't the sidewalk be the same it would just be the width of the tire in front and back that would be different.

if that was the case, then sure, it would be fine, but that is not how metric tire sizes work...

for instance:
245/40/R19

first number is the width of the tread in millimeters, in this case 245mm wide

the second number is the ratio or percentage of the width (first number) that the side wall is. in this case it is 40% of 245 or the sidewall is 98mm tall

then the last number is, of course the size wheel it fits on (in diameter). so it fits on a 19" wheel

for completeness of the lesson, any letters after the wheel size would be the speed rating

now lets do the math on the rear set... 275/40/R19

275mm wide X 40% = 100mm tall side wall, so the sidewall is 12mm or .47" taller on the rear tire vs the front tire at those specific sizes

therefore, to keep the sidewalls the same size as the width of the tire increases, the profile ratio needs to decrease.

if it were me, I would only buy four front wheels off of a staggered Jag, the LS just wasn't designed for huge wheels, and there is just not a lot of wiggle room in there.

NO.... The overall circumference difference is too large!! Find an online wheel calculator to see what sizes will work.

LS4me isnt even talking about the width of the rear tire here, he is referring to a whole different reason these probably wont fit well.

Sounds like I'm back to the drawing board. Thanks for the unfollow. I always thought the side wall was a measurement not a percentage of the overall width. I know the radius was a lot more but I know people fit 20" rims on I was hoping 19" would work.

Sounds like I'm back to the drawing board. Thanks for the unfollow. I always thought the side wall was a measurement not a percentage of the overall width. I know the radius was a lot more but I know people fit 20" rims on I was hoping 19" would work.
i'm
The larger the wheel the smaller/shorter the sidewall needs to be to get close to the factory 26.3" circumference. I'm running a 255/40/18 tire/wheel o my wife's LS.

I scraped this bright idea for another. Not my favorite but I great price for my needs if they check out. Any ideas if anyone has had them on an ls. They fit in theory.
image.jpg

image.jpg

Back to my first plan. If it works I'll post pics. For the money I can't beat it. The asteroids were the wrong bolt pattern. They are 5x120. Not sure if this set is staggered or not yet. It's labeled wrong and I am picking it up.image.jpg

image.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back