right fog light HID wont work HELP?

jrocc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Installed 2 sets of hids today.. my low beams work fine both.. and my left foglight works.. the right foglight seems to have a power/connection problem... When i connect the male power source from the ballast to the female connection from my car it doesnt work.. when i use any other female end (from the car) it works... Ive been looking around the best ive found could be a GROUND issue.. anybody ever have this problem or can anyone tell me where the grounds r located or how to get a new harness. Thanks!

It could be a bad ballast.

Those kits are very low quality and could be doa right out the box.

I'm no expert but I had the same issue with mine..take the red and white wires that you have to put in the provided plug And switch them...they say the polarities get crossed at the factory...it worked for mine

I'm no expert but I had the same issue with mine..take the red and white wires that you have to put in the provided plug And switch them...they say the polarities get crossed at the factory...it worked for mine

+1
regular bulbs don't care about positive and negative. the ballast will. i had to switch up the wires in my mark when putting in mine.

Can you show a picture or briefly describe that a bit more? Which red and white wire.. the wire that goes to the power (female end on my car) or the wires that connect the hid bulb to the ballast?

JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THIS PROBLEM IS FIXED... (Wishyouhadals) was totaly right.. a simple flip of a plug and it works.. THANKS GUYS.. Ill delete the thread after yall see.my thanks.

Your cars plug that goes into your stock bulb I's the first connection..
.that's where the ballast gets the power to light the bulb, your hids should have your red and black wires there (that first plug)...just swap those ( polarities)...make sure you let the lights burn in for about ten min the first time you turn them on, someone told me to.do that and now I can't plug up new lights without doing it dont know if it makes a difference. ..just supersticious I guess....hope this helps

Members online

Back