Right brake light and turn signal not working - Auto lamp feature not working

MN12hybrid

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
1. My tail lights, light up when I turn on the headlights.

However the right side wont light up when I hit the brakes, or the right turn signal. When I turn on the signal, it blinks very fast like as if there is a bad bulb.

Left side works fine - its getting really annoying. I tried using the search but couldnt find any that applied to my situation, or at least I dont think so.

One thing to mention is my drivers left turn signal is off - the pig tail connector is still there, but there is no bulb in the connector. Would that affect the system
enough to cause my issue?

The dash computer does tell you to check the lamps, so its able to detect that at least.

I know this has happened to others, even if it was a little different. Any recommendations regarding the first things to check?

2. My auto lamps dont work - the rolling wheel switch does work with turning on the interior lights, and dims and brightens them fine. I turn on auto lamp switch
but it wont turn on the lights automatically. Im sure you all have run into this isse as well, but I couldnt find anything too specific under the search.

Any recommendations on the first things to check on this also?

I am going to be putting on a lot of goodies on my Mark that I just got at the wrecking yard today, so if there are any shortcuts available with diagnosing
these issues I will happily take them - guidance very much appreciated! IMGP1136.jpg

IMGP1136.jpg

did you try replacing the bulb that won't light up? it sounds like a bad bulb.

there is a fuse for the auto lamps. check it. if its good, the daylight sensor may have gone bad. wouldn't be the first time.

Members online

Back