Reviews on FelPro Valve Cover Gasket Kit VS50724R?

Kumba

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Long story short the computer thinks #5 and #7 are misfiring so I started to replace all coils/plugs and call it a day. Popped #3 and #4 out and found some nice baked-on syrupy oil (think cold pancake syrup thick). So, guess I get to do valve cover gaskets too! YAY!

Anyone have any general feedback on the Fel-Pro Valve Cover Gasket Kit for the Gen2 V8? All the seals fit correctly? Any immediate gotchas or tips?

Right now the kit is $18 on rockauto as a wholesale closeout. Hard to pass up for that price. My other option is Victor-Reinz VS50397 for $52 and of course OEM at who knows what price.

Also, anything else I should look at replacing while I'm in there?

Worked fine for me. No fit issues. Doesn't come with the VCT seals.

There's only like a $5 difference between amazon and just picking them up from my local dealer, so I went that route. That way I can have them here tomorrow and get this done this weekend, rain permitting.

Here's to hoping I don't open it up and see shredded tensioners or a chain flopping about!

I had no issues with the Fel-Pro gaskets either other than the lack of the VCT seal. Thanks for the part number!

Curious, Has that seal been available separately for a while now? My VCT started weeping a couple of years ago and I checked with my local dealer but he said he couldn't find it available separately and only showed it with the purchase of the covers themselves.

Ok, he probably just couldn't find it.

I guess I would be surprised if Ford started offering it separately recently as I would think the parts database for our cars has been idle for some time.

My dealer had to order them but they were $13/ea. Pricey for what they are for sure but welcome to OEM Land.

Members online

No members online now.
Back