Reverse and drive works only for a day

Gerald Moore

LVC Member
Reaction score
So I tried the adaptive transmission reset and the car actually went in reverse and d4-d5. After a while it went back to losing them and driving in sst mode. I am getting a trans for it. But before that should I clean the value body I know it has to have dirt in it.

Update. I replaced the filter and it does not slip anymore. The gasket was blown and reverse servo piston seized up a bit. Got it on order so that will be the next thing to attack.

Google is a wonderful thing...

P0010 is a generic OBD-II code indicating an issue with the engine control module (ECM) detecting a variation in the mechanical timing between the crankshaft and bank 1 camshaft. The timing issue is typically detected during higher RPMs of the engine when the ECM attempts to adjust valve lift during higher speeds.

Bank 1 is the passenger side. To do what the video suggests... you will have to pull the valve cover.

I am getting a p0010 code in transmission codes...why is that?

That's a code for a problem with the VCT solenoid or wiring on the passenger side intake cam, I believe.

Note that you would get P1000 if you just reset codes or disconnected the battery.

Google is a wonderful thing...

P0010 is a generic OBD-II code indicating an issue with the engine control module (ECM) detecting a variation in the mechanical timing between the crankshaft and bank 1 camshaft. The timing issue is typically detected during higher RPMs of the engine when the ECM attempts to adjust valve lift during higher speeds.

Bank 1 is the passenger side. To do what the video suggests... you will have to pull the valve cover.

Just got this code after leaving the car sit for 6 weeks and changing to valvoline synthetic and new plugs. Have a slight humming noise on the passenger side although I dont have the sound cover on now. What does one look for in the electrical test for this? Have forscan but not sure what to look for or what the numbers should read.

Cleared code twice and it comes back almost immediately if driving/revving (basically higher rpms) or when the valve should be working, never at idle. Is it correct assume that if an electrical/wiring issue the code would be constant and not just trigger when in higher rpms? If I have to pull the cover again im replacing it..

Last edited:
I'm assuming you used the proper weight engine oil, since you didn't mention that.

You could try cleaning the VCT. That involves removing the valve cover.

However... since you live in a similar enviroment as I do... and from what I hear your area has been hit pretty good with snow... I might suggest you have "mouse in the house" since the car has been sitting for 6 weeks. Those critters like wiring (and the isulation covering it).

5w20. 6 hours from Buffalo and it rarely snows here anymore. 55 degrees all week. Did have a mouse get in the engine bay one frigid winter though, sure its common. Ended up being a slightly corroded connection. Its probably from detailing, guessing hard water or PH levels. Cleaned and put electrical grease on them. All good now.

So I tried the adaptive transmission reset and the car actually went in reverse and d4-d5. After a while it went back to losing them and driving in sst mode. I am getting a trans for it. But before that should I clean the value body I know it has to have dirt in it.
Yes, The number 1 rule when your working with a hyra parts
make it so clean its bone clean ,Any hydraulic parts have to be so clean you can eat of of them. Get all that dirt out with a cleaner, brake cleaner, then blow it out real good with a air hose. The air hose can get dirt remaining in the valve body. Good luck

Members online

Back