reuniting the mastercylinder to the booster

topher5150

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So in an effort to change the drivers side UCA i detached the master cylinder and noticed air escaped is there something i need to do after reattaching the mastercylinder?

Make sure there are no vacuum leaks
Bleeding air out would be if you detached the brake lines

Air entered the booster. it works by engine vacuum, not pressure. Bolt it back together and start the car. I had mine unhooked on Saturday for replacement(turned out to be a gasket instead) No issues. (if air entered the master that's a different story) I'm assuming you didn't loosen any brakelines though.

if you didn't disconnect the brake lines there won't be a problem with air in the lines.

Don't mean to thread jack, but I'm going to anyways. Does anybody know where I can get the rubber gasket that goes between the master and the booster?

The dealership tells me there isn't a gasket there, but I have half of one sitting on the table in front of me, lol.

if he did not touch the brake lines, which he said he did not, then he does not need to bleed the brakes.

Don't mean to thread jack, but I'm going to anyways. Does anybody know where I can get the rubber gasket that goes between the master and the booster?

The dealership tells me there isn't a gasket there, but I have half of one sitting on the table in front of me, lol.

I thought it was an o ring there not a gasket

I thought it was an o ring there not a gasket

Yes, right, I guess I should choose my words more carefully, In any case I called it both of those things and described it, and had a large chunk of it in my hand, and the Ford dealership told me it didn't exist, even showed me exploded views of their computer with no o-ring.

Thank you for confirming I'm not crazy.

Here it is
Its square too

IMG_20130502_203739_083.jpg

IMG_20130502_203842_875.jpg

IMG_20130502_203916_374.jpg

IMG_20130502_203809_427.jpg

the reason they dont show it at ford is they dont sell just that, buy a new master cylinder and it "should" come with one. but who am i kidding we all know there is nothing available anymore. and yes topher you lost the oring and you have a vacuum leak

Pm me your address and I'll mail ya one on Monday.

Ignore Gregg's post

Good info Thanks everybody! successful thread jack! Pics or it didn't happen... This is what came out of mine... and my permatex gasket is failing after a week...

IMG_5240_zpsb7fd82c7.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back