Retired in TN

xtriggerman

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
It took me a while to decide on what I would like to think is my last car. It was time to do something for my self & wife in the road cruiser category since both kids are now out of the house and my 05 Odyssey van is getting tired, and me of it! The runner up was a C5 Corvette but it was nothing like the comfort of the VIII's cabin. So I jumped on a 97 base with 67K on it. It was in FL so it was a bit of a trip only to find the car was not as described but neglected in all the little ways and control arms were toast. I bought it for 5K any way since I did like the rather rare green / tan colors and there wasn't a spot of rust any where under the car! I'm happy to learn & share mods on these various forums. The VIII is a great design in comfort & decent power. To bad the millions of unused 4X drive crossovers displaced this car.

Welcome to LVC. I too cant stand this cross over stuff! The Mark Series would still be in production today. Everyone here is a great knowledgeable asset to have in your arsenal. You will find a solution to your problem. Glad you had found a clean Mark VIII to cruise in.

I wanted to mention to you about Temple Performance and Super Coupe Performance both of which have a very good range of restoration parts for your Mark VIII. Also for other valuable items and cars look into Lincoln and Continental Owners Club, its $48.00 a year. You get a monthly magazine and good rates for advertising, best of all you get Ford X-PLan discount when you buy or lease a new Lincoln or Ford vehicle. The more popular the model the more money you save.

Let me know if you ever need any info or help with synthetic oils, greases and lubricants for your vehicle. Get a free catalog here: Free AMSOIL Product Catalog

RSE Synthetic Oils.com Independent AMSOIL Dealer.

Welcome to LVC. I too cant stand this cross over stuff! The Mark Series would still be in production today. Everyone here is a great knowledgeable asset to have in your arsenal. You will find a solution to your problem. Glad you had found a clean Mark VIII to cruise in.

I wanted to mention to you about Temple Performance and Super Coupe Performance both of which have a very good range of restoration parts for your Mark VIII. Also for other valuable items and cars look into Lincoln and Continental Owners Club, its $48.00 a year. You get a monthly magazine and good rates for advertising, best of all you get Ford X-PLan discount when you buy or lease a new Lincoln or Ford vehicle. The more popular the model the more money you save.

Let me know if you ever need any info or help with synthetic oils, greases and lubricants for your vehicle. Get a free catalog here: Free AMSOIL Product Catalog

RSE Synthetic Oils.com Independent AMSOIL Dealer.

Thank You for the warm welcome and info. I have to say, I'm a believer in Amsoil universal ATF. Years ago when Honda used to threaten to drop warranties if you turned away from "their" ATF, owners lost out big time over the trans TC shudder problem. Rather than Honda's TC replacements and reprograming to little or no avail, it was their trans fluid all the while! My major torque converter shutter completely disappeared with several Amsoil ATF swap ins. Just a couple years ago I solved the very same issue on a new to us 2010 RAV4. Amsoil is the Rx for many low rpm TC lock up issues. Proven 100 percent!

Members online

No members online now.
Back