Results of Moonroof drains leaking.

BigTnHHI

New LVC Member
Reaction score
History, my 2003 LS is not a Daily Driver. Two months ago got in and started. Driving into work, noticed drivers floor was wet and map pocket full of water.
Got home and popped truck to find water there. So dreaded sunroof tubes. Didn't address right away, to my regret.
Two weeks of rain later, battery flat. Removed and charged, holding 12.5V. Replaced and Alarm went off, fob unlocked and stopped alarm. But had Crank no start. Found that the door window switches did not work. Key in Drivers door started the Window roll down. So now they are all open 1/2 inch. Put cover on car and walked away.
Revisited a week later, no pats light, IPC has no LED display, had run through key sequence to get fob to work. Engine Cranked with no start. REM fuses all good. Disconnect battery. Walked away.
This am, connect battery, no PATS light, tried fob no go, went through key on 8 times then fob with both keys no go. Now no Crank, no Window control, no display on IPC. Wits end here.

Thinking Door Control Module and FEM have taken a bath and shorted. Maybe also the IPC as well. Just ordered the forscan cable, needed one anyway. Have factory service manual and wiring diagrams.

Before a drop coin on modules can I get Input / thoughts?
Car is now under cover and not getting wet till I can Fix the electronic issues and repair sunroof drains.

Last edited:
History, my 2003 LS is not a Daily Driver. Two months ago got in and started. Driving into work, noticed drivers floor was wet and map pocket full of water.
Got home and popped truck to find water there. So dreaded sunroof tubes. Didn't address right away, to my regret.
Two weeks of rain later, battery flat. Removed and charged, holding 12.5V. Replaced and Alarm went off, fob unlocked and stopped alarm. But had Crank no start. Found that the door window switches did not work. Key in Drivers door started the Window roll down. So now they are all open 1/2 inch. Put cover on car and walked away.
Revisited a week later, no pats light, IPC has no LED display, had run through key sequence to get fob to work. Engine Cranked with no start. REM fuses all good. Disconnect battery. Walked away.
This am, connect battery, no PATS light, tried fob no go, went through key on 8 times then fob with both keys no go. Now no Crank, no Window control, no display on IPC. Wits end here.

Thinking Door Control Module and FEM have taken a bath and shorted. Maybe also the IPC as well. Just ordered the forscan cable, needed one anyway. Have factory service manual and wiring diagrams.

Before a drop coin on modules can I get Input / thoughts?
Car is now under cover and not getting wet till I can Fix the electronic issues and repair sunroof drains.
Team LS, our resident SME joegr got with me on this and I want to share his insight as follows in bold.
Many thx joegr.

I suspect that it is just the FEM. It can short the data bus and stop that other stuff from working too, but the other modules should be okay once the FEM is resolved.
Incidentally, the displays in the instrument panel are VF (vacuum fluorescent), not LED."
sight.

"

Members online

Back