Results after T/C and shift kit installed...

jdlmkviii

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Well, first off I want to say, UNBELIEVABLE! I can't believe the gain in power. The car comes out of the hole WAY faster and also has much better mid-range response. All this is followed by a real nice and firm shift into 2nd gear. Doesn't really bark the tires, but is noticeably WAY firmer. It almost feels like my car picked up 50 hp.

Now to the somewhat bad news: As expected, traction isn't that great... but not TERRIBLE. Tires peel out if I stomp from idle, but will just sit there and spin if I brake stand it up to about 3k RPM's (also Note: my rear tires don't exactly have much tread left on them anyway, especially the right one). But I plan on doing gears and posi hopefully before too long.

All in all, I'm very pleased with my purchase from Edge Racing Converters, and would recommend an Edge converter to anyone that might be thinking about upgrading thier stock torque converter. My car has 158k miles on it and is running better than it ever has, and it feels like it WANTS to go fast now.

I will also keep everyone updated on upcoming mods.

P.S. it's a 3200 RPM "street edge" converter from www.edgeracingconverters.com , and a Baumann engineering Shift kit.... And I'd also like thank Ray for the killer deal on the transmission he sold me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Once you get your posi, the car should launch real nice for you. What did the "shift-kit" consist of?

Katshot said:
Glad to hear it worked out for you. Once you get your posi, the car should launch real nice for you. What did the "shift-kit" consist of?

-Thanks, and...

To tell you the truth, I really don't know what all was replaced when the shift kit was installed. The transmission was originally in Ray's (1wykdmk8) car, and he installed the shift kit not long after he got the car... and hopefully he'll chime in here soon to fill you in on that one.

P.S. I'm no mechanic... but I'm slowly learning.

how much was the converter and install if you dont mind me asking I wouldnt installing it myself but if the price aint to bad it would save me the pain. you should go 410s for the gears it should cost you 450 to 600 depending on the deal you can get, and you can install yourself but I would have someone set up the gears for you since you are a newbie to the car modding game. I have no idea what install would be for the gears and put in the car maybe 600-700.

Heres what I did includes prices
Extra pumpkin-to pak gears and still drive my car- 130$
used but near new posi-120$
new 410 gears-190$
install kit-140$
extra set of snowflake rims-to mount drag radials- 50$
besides packing the gears install took about 3hrs30mins then I forgot to put lok tit on the bolts on the ring, 5$s for lok tit, new bearings free for my birthday. but got the uninstall and reinstall down to 2hrs with the help of a friend, but you learn as you go thank God I listen to the car when I drive instead of a banging loud system, because one of the bolts vibrated loose and I hapened to hear the noise before any damage could take place but to be on the safe side I got new bearings.

MarkOfDeath said:
how much was the converter and install if you dont mind me asking I wouldnt installing it myself but if the price aint to bad it would save me the pain. you should go 410s for the gears it should cost you 450 to 600 depending on the deal you can get, and you can install yourself but I would have someone set up the gears for you since you are a newbie to the car modding game. I have no idea what install would be for the gears and put in the car maybe 600-700.

Heres what I did includes prices
Extra pumpkin-to pak gears and still drive my car- 130$
used but near new posi-120$
new 410 gears-190$
install kit-140$
extra set of snowflake rims-to mount drag radials- 50$
besides packing the gears install took about 3hrs30mins then I forgot to put lok tit on the bolts on the ring, 5$s for lok tit, new bearings free for my birthday. but got the uninstall and reinstall down to 2hrs with the help of a friend, but you learn as you go thank God I listen to the car when I drive instead of a banging loud system, because one of the bolts vibrated loose and I hapened to hear the noise before any damage could take place but to be on the safe side I got new bearings.

It was about $590 to my doorstep. It's a 3200 RPM stall. check out www.edgeracingconverters.com

The one I have is a "street edge" converter. I bet gears and a converter would be an UNSTOPPABLE combo, I'd go for it. I'm also probably going to do gears and posi maybe in the spring time. I'm also trying to decide whether to go with 4:10's or 4:30's.

jdlmkviii said:
It was about $590 to my doorstep. And it was exactly $331 to have it put in WITH another transmission. It's a 3200 RPM stall. check out www.edgeracingconverters.com

The one I have is a "street edge" converter. I bet gears and a converter would be an UNSTOPPABLE combo, I'd go for it. I'm also probably going to do gears and posi maybe in the spring time. I'm also trying to decide whether to go with 4:10's or 4:30's.

jdlmkviii said:
It was about $590 to my doorstep. It's a 3200 RPM stall. check out www.edgeracingconverters.com

I like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back