Reseting the computer

black97sts

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just added more refrigerant in my car and was wondering how do i reset the computer so i can use my ac. Also just changed a starter and now i am getting the message theft system please remove the key..Any advice would be greatly appreciated..:) :)

Disconnect battery and leave it disconnected for about 30 minutes. This should reset the computer to defaults and cause computer to relearn operating parameters. Otherwise, try the following, which I'm not sure will work on your OBD-II system. Actually, you may want to try the below option before disconnecting the battery, as it would be the simplest way to clear codes and reset the computer.

To enter diagnostic mode:
1. Turn ignition "ON."
2. Depress the "OFF" and "WARMER" buttons on the Climate Control Center (CCC) simultaneously and hold until the segment check appears on the Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC).

If it works, let the computer cycle through the diagnostics (by the way write down any codes) and after it's finished press the "LO" button on the climate control panel until you see a message such as "CLEAR CODES." Then press the "HI" button to confirm you want to clear codes. After it clears codes you should see message such as "CODES CLEARED."

To get out of the diagnostic mode anytime during the test, depress the "AUTO" or "DEFOG" button, or turn the ignition switch "OFF."

Again, I'm note sure if this will work for a '97 model year.

Members online

No members online now.
Back