Report: Ford pumping $1 billion into Lincoln revival

I think Ford has better styling currently then Lincoln.
I can't disagree with that.
Not really sure where there has been a Lincoln exclusive engine in the recent past.
AFAIK, the only Lincoln-exclusive mills, at least since the '60s, were the LS's 3.9, the Conti's crosswise 4.6, and the Mark VIII's 4.6 DOHC (remember, it started in the Mark and wasn't used in the Cobra 'til the Mark's run was nearly done).
Lately they just seem to be phoning it in.
They have essentially been stuck at idle over the last several years while Mulally worried about saving the entire company. They're just now getting to the point that they can start spending money and focusing attention on Lincoln.
Although the Lincoln dealers (two of them) said that the loaner is only if the car needs to stick around for more then an hour. Basically, you aren't getting a loaner when you get an oil change and basic maintenance.
My '06 included 12 month/12K mile scheduled maintenance, and I got loaners when it went in for the scheduled maintenance.

Is this only for the original owner of the car? Or within the warranty range?
The free scheduled maintenance is 4/50K, the same as the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty, but Lincoln's Web site isn't clear on transferability (it says to see your dealer for details).

FWIW, the LS had free scheduled maintenance for at least part of its production run. I think some of the earlier cars got 3/36, but the '06es only got 12 months/12,000 miles... They discontinued it completely in '07, and just brought it back for '10 or '11.

My '06 included 12 month/12K mile scheduled maintenance, and I got loaners when it went in for the scheduled maintenance.

Hmmmmm..... Mine didn't. Maybe it was a dealer thing. It certainly wasn't a factory program.

Members online

No members online now.
Back