Replacing Rims -----How many options do I have.

indust82

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I drive a 97 Mark, not lsc, so the rims are plain. I'd like to put 17" LS rims on it, but I'm not sure if the offset will work. So, If I can't do that, I'll go with aftermarket, and I was lookin for some input on that as well. I've seen quite a few mark's with 18's, and some claiming to have 20's, But there really doesn't seem to be room for 20's because of the airstruts. Anybody with 18's, 19's or 20's I'd like to hear from to see what kinda damage my wallet is going to take. Any info is appreciated

There has been a few posts about M8. You should search the site. Some even have pictures of some rims. You might find what you are looking for. . .

I'm in the market as well and from what I have researched, running 20s isn't that much more than running 18s. It really depends on the wheel/tire combo. The 20" Cobra Rs are only $300 a pop.

I'm looking into doing 18s up front and 20s out back. My thinking is that I'll get a better ride with 18s up front.

Kale

Its all about the tire size on you rims is going to be. I remember when my girl had her 01' Cavi. It had 17s with 40 tires. They were thin and road real ROUGH! You could feel if you ran over a damn ant. . . Not saying the the tires are all to blame. Bcoz the suspention on those cheap cars are not worth shi t either.

indust82 said:
I drive a 97 Mark, not lsc, so the rims are plain. I'd like to put 17" LS rims on it, but I'm not sure if the offset will work. So, If I can't do that, I'll go with aftermarket, and I was lookin for some input on that as well. I've seen quite a few mark's with 18's, and some claiming to have 20's, But there really doesn't seem to be room for 20's because of the airstruts. Anybody with 18's, 19's or 20's I'd like to hear from to see what kinda damage my wallet is going to take. Any info is appreciated

I put on 17's... try checking out some different websites for rims. Some of them tell you what different configurations will work on your car. I bought mine from tirerack.com

We already have 1 set of 20's on right now on our main page that are on sale.

We also have about 15 new 18's & 20's that will be posted on here within the next week.

ALL with FREE shipping!!!!

i got these for 900 at cruisin golds.com,18 by 8,most 18's are usually 18/7.5,wired 119's,mk8 pattern.

rims! 007.jpg

Some internet places let you see how the rims would look on your car with a an online program. Try that. 20's might give a harsher ride, as you are eliminating a lot of the rub that goes between you and the road. It depends on how you feel in the car now, too. There won't be an clearance problems with rims that big, if you get the proper rims to fit your application. Good luck finding what you want! :)

Members online

No members online now.
Back