Replacing #1 Coil, 2000 Lincoln LS V6

2000LincLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone, I just had my Lincoln LS V6 (2000) in to the shop to be put on the computer. I have a misfire on cylinder #1 and they have diagnosed it as a bad coil on #1. I would like to replace it myself, I realize I will have to take the intake off etc and replace gaskets. I would like to know which cylinder is #1. I can't seem to find a good diagram to show me. I am mechanically inclined to do the work, just would like confirmation, not even sure if it may be stamped on the coil or beside, etc. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Craig.

you dont have to take off the intake to replace a coil. just the cover on top of the valve covers. as for the #1 cylinder im not sure.

There is a thread in the Tech Articles to help you out! Also, its super easy. I swapped out my #1 in about 30 mins.

Which is Cylinder #1

Hi, in response to your last post, I am intrigued by the 30 minute time to do #1 Cylinder. I need to know which one is #1 coil.. I took the black plastic cover off the engine which exposed to me 3 coils... from standing in front of the car looking at the engine, would #1 be the first coil in the bank? Thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back