replacing 04 LS speakers..

midi_junkie

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
ive searched and didnt find any where it says the exact speakers... i know ive got two on front door.. one on the right side of my leg... left side of passenger leg..... two on rear door... two in the back deck.... what sizes are these? im gonna keep my stock amp... stock stereo.... thinking about getting all JL audio.... i def dont wanna downgrade.. are the gonna sound better than the stock? i mean as of now.. well two weeks ago b4 i turned it up to loud .... the rear sounded like it had a 10" woofer in there..... i want it to sound equal or even better. what are you suggestions? please dont say crutchfield as they dont say what size the speakers are exactly... what kind should i use?

ive searched and didnt find any where it says the exact speakers... i know ive got two on front door.. one on the right side of my leg... left side of passenger leg..... two on rear door... two in the back deck.... what sizes are these? im gonna keep my stock amp... stock stereo.... thinking about getting all JL audio.... i def dont wanna downgrade.. are the gonna sound better than the stock? i mean as of now.. well two weeks ago b4 i turned it up to loud .... the rear sounded like it had a 10" woofer in there..... i want it to sound equal or even better. what are you suggestions? please dont say crutchfield as they dont say what size the speakers are exactly... what kind should i use?

see my signature... the front center console require some customization. i have 5 1/4 rear deck, but i think other sizes can fit there. 6x9 maybe? i got those based on available power i was going to run... and its a kappa!

*edit- i think i remember crutchfield having the wrong size called out for the rear deck ones so be careful. i reccomend using a foam baffle if you plan on running a sub in the trunk.

are the speakers the same sizes for the o2 and the o4? are the 5x7 you have in the deck and back doors? the 5 and a quarter in the front door? what kind of custom job are you talking about to do the 3.5's? baffles? mos def.. on all of the speakers.

pretty sure they didnt change sizes but perhaps someone else can chime in on that...

the doors are all 5x7 and/or 6x8. if the speakers have remote crossovers, tie wrap them up off the bottom of the inside of the door so they dont get wet. small amounts of water does roll down the window and drain out the door.

front center console, i used the 3 1/2's with some screw clips. space is tight and you'll need self control haha. i also had to cut some of the clips off the grill to clear the speaker. that was it for being custom, everything else is plug and play. i bought baffles but dont remember if i could fit them. just get them anyway their cheap. if you're sticking with stock amps, remember that the rear deck locations are 2 ohms and are possibly low pass only (just bass)signals (unless the crossover was built into the speaker and it got a full range signal.

aftermarket speakers will almost always sound better than stock, but in turn even those will sound better when sufficiently powered. you will notice an exponential difference replacing the head unit, preferably with something that has 4.5 - 5.0 volt pre-amp outputs.

if you want good bass, you need an amp and a sub. the rear deck setup, even the alpine which i had, comes up short at the bottom of the spectrum. that and rear passengers are just bombarded with boomy bass. if you ask me, they should have put those subs on the doors, and the regular speakers in the rear deck.

i have a 04 ls but with the THX wich is bassicaly the same stock sizes, the rear deck is 6x9 but you may have to shave a little off the sides of the holes depending of the speakers that you get, and the doors are 6x8, the doors are all 4 ohms so you can replace them with no issues, forget about small speakers next to you knees they dont do anything to improve the sound thats why when THX did the system they removed these speakers, now for the rear deck these are 2ohms and most 6x9 are 4ohms that will cut your power by half but this is what i did to fix this, call crutchfield and tell them that you need replacement for your rear deck speakers and also dont forget to tell them that they are 2ohms, crutchfield will give you the model number for the only 6x9 2ohms speaker that they have wich is a infinity kapa series for around $99, get those for your 6x9 if you get anything else you will not be happy with the sound of your bass unless you change out your factory amp to one that shoots out 4ohms instead of 2ohms, by the way i did change out my subs already when i get time i will go to the trunk and give you the model number of the ones that i have. but if you do whant 4ohms let me know i will send you links of 6x9 subwoofers.

Members online

Back