Replacing '02 LS shifter trim?

eee

LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had to replace the shifter trim in their LS? The shifter trim is the part that says P, R, N, D5, etc. Mine's all scratched so I bought one off of ebay (automatic, not tiptronic). I took a look inside and it just appears 4 bold hold it down. ALso I would need to take the shifter knob off to replace the shifter trim. Any opinions are appreciated.

dunno about the trim, but shifter knob is easy. push the the black thing at the base down, exposing a screw- one or two- can't remember. take them out, and then pull HARD (cannot over emphasize how HARD you MAY have to pull). it'll come off.

also, not a bad idea to try searching the forum already. i'm sure this has come up at some point.

Yea, I've tried searching the forum and couldn't come up with any topic discussing replacing the LS's shifter trim. I saw in a thread about 'LS owners guide' how to take off the shifter knob. I just wanted to make sure nothing would be damaged in the knob by pulling it off (because of the front button) you have to push in to change from P, R, N, D5, D4, D3, D2, D1.

Members online

No members online now.
Back