replacement door lock

HOT ROD LCN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a frozen lock on my passenger side. I cannot push the lock down by hand and the power lock does not work. The drivers door lock can be pushed down by hand, but for some reason the keypad code wont open it. Also a drag is that I only have an ignition key. My question is, since the pass. door panel has to come off to fix actuator, can I get a door lock with a key? Is that something better for a bodyshop?
1 other question, Any ideas of how to fix keypad problem and power lock?thanks fellas-

I'm not sure if the lock cylinders can be rekeyed or the tumblers changed based on what I have seen taking one apart. You should talk to a locksmith about getting a trunk key made and he might know for sure if the locks can be rekeyed. If you replace the lock actuators with working ones, you should be fine and the keyless entry should work. Your passenger door might have a frozen actuator. Water might have frozen inside causing it to be inoperable.

If you need them I could remove all my door locks, trunk lock, and possibly the inginition for the right price

Id be into the door locks J, especially IF you have keys!!! Let me know what it would take ($) to be worth it for you -thanks

ND4SPDLSC said:
I'm not sure if the lock cylinders can be rekeyed or the tumblers changed based on what I have seen taking one apart. You should talk to a locksmith about getting a trunk key made and he might know for sure if the locks can be rekeyed. If you replace the lock actuators with working ones, you should be fine and the keyless entry should work. Your passenger door might have a frozen actuator. Water might have frozen inside causing it to be inoperable.

Are you saying that the driversside door lock isnt responding to the keypad code because THAT actuator is bad? guys?
that would mean i gotta replace both-raaaahhrrr-:Bang

All you need to do is call a locksmith. They can make a key for your door lock cylinder if you don't have one.
Also...it works best if you disconnect the door lock motor link from the assembly if the motor is jamed and you don't intend to use the power-lock feature. Otherwise, the stuck motor will fight the key turn.
Your best solution is to get a key cut for the lock and replace the motor.

You do not need to buy a match set, unless this is cheaper than a locksmith. The first five notches in the key work the locks, the second five notches work the igntion. You can buy a new iginiton, with two key blanks, for about $15. Then have a locksmith transfer the locks onto the blanks as well.

HOT ROD LCN said:
Id be into the door locks J, especially IF you have keys!!! Let me know what it would take ($) to be worth it for you -thanks

just make me an offer and I'll see how hard it is to remove everything. I've got like three keys I believe.

Members online

No members online now.
Back