Replacement cooling fan search

xtriggerman

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm a little concerned about my cooling fan. When it turns on, it puts a momentary hard load on the engine that has been know to stall the engine a couple times. I'm thinking I want to put a new fan motor assembly on but I cant find a 8C607 that is for a MKVIII. These are supposed to be 2 speed fans. Any one have a tip on a Ford or aftermarket crossover fan unit that I can make fit? its a 18.5" diameter fan.

I'm a little concerned about my cooling fan. When it turns on, it puts a momentary hard load on the engine that has been know to stall the engine a couple times. I'm thinking I want to put a new fan motor assembly on but I cant find a 8C607 that is for a MKVIII. These are supposed to be 2 speed fans. Any one have a tip on a Ford or aftermarket crossover fan unit that I can make fit? its a 18.5" diameter fan.
After a bit of reading, I think what is going on is the VLCM has gone partly bad. Its mounted by the Air pump. It controls the variable speed rad fan that happens to be a 2 wire fan. The VLCM is supposed to first spin the fan at low power speed of 1000 rpm's once the engine's A/C pressure switch hits 150 psi then once it reaches 295psi the fan speed maxes out at 1800 rpm from a gradual climb to that max limit. Once a speed of 47 mph is reached, the fan will shut off but only if the A/C pressure is low enough. It seems my VLCM has lost its low speed power to the fan. To start the fan at 1800 rpm, is a pretty heavy start up draw on the electrical system especially if your stopped with the brake on. The manual says this condition "can be" the Variable Load Control Modual at fault. So, I ordered one from racebronco on Ebay. Thank fully, the shop manual is a God send with these cars being so devoid of new part availability.

Members online

No members online now.
Back