Removing the cloth top from an 89 LTC

slamed87lincoln

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever taken a cloth top off of one of these lincolns? 80s towncar...ive got an 89 and want to take the top off and just have a normal hard top...any ideas?
whats the removal process involve?
IM told theres a fiberglass top :confused:

Heres the car

424429_345_full.jpg

its got a fiberglass shell that is either glued or screwed to the roof. just get the top redone or something if its coming apart, i think they add a classy touch and set the car apart.

Nakoa said:
its got a fiberglass shell that is either glued or screwed to the roof. just get the top redone or something if its coming apart, i think they add a classy touch and set the car apart.

i know it does but the price of a new top is 1500..so i dont want to spend that much on replacing it....the car will be set apart with a pearl purple paint job:D

You have to take the headliner out and the trim around the inside of the windows

*edit - maybe not, I just noticed you have a full roof and no bar in the middle...

Black87LSC said:
You have to take the headliner out and the trim around the inside of the windows

*edit - maybe not, I just noticed you have a full roof and no bar in the middle...

yeah i have the full top.....or had lol....i took it off today....not nearly as much work as i thought i would need to do

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

top removal 001.jpg

top removal 003.jpg

top removal 005.jpg

slamed87lincoln said:
Anyone ever taken a cloth top off of one of these lincolns? 80s towncar...ive got an 89 and want to take the top off and just have a normal hard top...any ideas?
whats the removal process involve?
IM told theres a fiberglass top :confused:

Heres the car

424429_345_full.jpg

Did you have your picture in the back of this months lowrider mag??

Thats cool! I was going to send a pic of my 95, but its all stock, still worth a try though.

95ltc said:
Thats cool! I was going to send a pic of my 95, but its all stock, still worth a try though.

yeah they put some crappy cars in there that arent even stock...a 95 ltc is 100% better than half the cars in there stock...so im sure they would put yours in lol

Ok, well thanks alot, ill mail one tomorrow.

Members online

No members online now.
Back