Removing the cloth top from an 89 LTC

slamed87lincoln

LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever taken a cloth top off of one of these lincolns? 80s towncar...ive got an 89 and want to take the top off and just have a normal hard top...any ideas?
whats the removal process involve?
IM told theres a fiberglass top :confused:

Heres the car

424429_345_full.jpg

its got a fiberglass shell that is either glued or screwed to the roof. just get the top redone or something if its coming apart, i think they add a classy touch and set the car apart.

Nakoa said:
its got a fiberglass shell that is either glued or screwed to the roof. just get the top redone or something if its coming apart, i think they add a classy touch and set the car apart.

i know it does but the price of a new top is 1500..so i dont want to spend that much on replacing it....the car will be set apart with a pearl purple paint job:D

You have to take the headliner out and the trim around the inside of the windows

*edit - maybe not, I just noticed you have a full roof and no bar in the middle...

Black87LSC said:
You have to take the headliner out and the trim around the inside of the windows

*edit - maybe not, I just noticed you have a full roof and no bar in the middle...

yeah i have the full top.....or had lol....i took it off today....not nearly as much work as i thought i would need to do

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

top removal 001.jpg

top removal 003.jpg

top removal 005.jpg

slamed87lincoln said:
Anyone ever taken a cloth top off of one of these lincolns? 80s towncar...ive got an 89 and want to take the top off and just have a normal hard top...any ideas?
whats the removal process involve?
IM told theres a fiberglass top :confused:

Heres the car

424429_345_full.jpg

Did you have your picture in the back of this months lowrider mag??

Thats cool! I was going to send a pic of my 95, but its all stock, still worth a try though.

95ltc said:
Thats cool! I was going to send a pic of my 95, but its all stock, still worth a try though.

yeah they put some crappy cars in there that arent even stock...a 95 ltc is 100% better than half the cars in there stock...so im sure they would put yours in lol

Ok, well thanks alot, ill mail one tomorrow.

Members online

Back