Removing front grille....

tristangoesham

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been at this damn thing for 40 minutes and have only gotten 1 out of the 4 tabs free. I've been using a flat head screw driver to try and push the tabs in but it's not working too well. Not to mention the awkward angle I have to stand in other to work under the grille.

Please tell me there is an easier way to remove the grille...

I gently squeezed the tabs on mine with a pair of needle nose pliers and moved them into the position to slide out. Worked out just fine.

But again, that is how I did it. Use this method at your own risk.

Should be a simple procedure you may be making it harder than it is, well in fact i know you are! You did remove the bolts correct? Dang now I'm second guessing my self there are bolts in it right? I just used some needle nose pliers to pinch the clips down and pull the grill out.

Literally after I posted this a light bulb went off to say use pliers. Pics coming soon

Removing the grill should'nt take more than 10 min one you have done it more than once....what grill did you get?

Hard to tell from these pics but the grille was really pitted, and the chrome had almost no luster left in it.

Before

After

I have to re-place the grille tomorrow. It's not matching up as nice as I'd like but I've lost all motivation for now. P.S. The Billy May's Ding King finally came in. I'll post a review later this week.

Members online

No members online now.
Back