Removed Intake Manifold..Now Water in Engine

briasmit91

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Long time in this forum. Had my 2004 LS V8 put away for the winter. Now that it's warm again, I'd like to finish where I left off. I took my intake manifold off to change the hose underneath for the cooling system. The intake manifold has been removed for about a month or so. I came back to find there is a little bit of water in the engine. Any ideas on how I can remove the water safely?

Also, while taking the intake manifold off, I accidentally broke some sort of sensor. I've included it in the pictures. Would anybody have an idea of what sensor this is and a part number?

52008A81-489E-4126-9457-D49F5DE07AAC.jpg

DC845EA8-808B-4D7C-BD53-80092B41C8BC.jpg

That's the CHT (cylinder head temperature) sensor.
Use a shop vac and some small diameter hose to get the water out.
Did you leave it like this out in the open? It doesn't look good. It's going to be hard to get the mating surfaces clean without getting stuff down into the cylinders.

Hi,

Thanks for your quick response! Unfortunately, it wasn't the best idea. But I will definitely take your advice with the shop vac. I can already tell I have a project for myself.

stuff a cloth or rag inside each cylinder when you clean the mating surface.. Ive cleaned worst without getting grime and dirt inside the engine.

Members online

No members online now.
Back