Remove and replacement steps

BILLBOATS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I just read on Arnott manual the front bumper cover has to come off my 1996 Mark 8 in order to remove and install the new suspension air compressor. Is thus true?

Yes and no. Removing the bumper cover makes things easier. But you can bring it out from behind the bumper. Remove wheel and wheel well liner, go from there. The issue is the silencer is right there. You can remove that and have a lot more room in there. If you already removed the silencer, for a more aggressive engine note, then you already made things easier. To take out the silencer, I think you have to pull the factory air filter box above to get to the bolts holding the silencer down below. Sounds like more work than it really is.

Yes and no. Removing the bumper cover makes things easier. But you can bring it out from behind the bumper. Remove wheel and wheel well liner, go from there. The issue is the silencer is right there. You can remove that and have a lot more room in there. If you already removed the silencer, for a more aggressive engine note, then you already made things easier. To take out the silencer, I think you have to pull the factory air filter box above to get to the bolts holding the silencer down below. Sounds like more work than it really is.
Thanks so much for the shared experience with me and the picture posts showing step by step how to remove. it Once I get the battery installed(iremoved it for winter) i can tell if the car will raise up enough for a jack to remove the passenger wheel. Thanks and how did the inner tie rod rivet work out?I may have to take off the cover but it still needs to raise to to do this too

What do you mean by calling this part a silencer?Sounds like a trade tool for hit men

The silencer does just that. Its a "horn" on the intake that quiets down the engine a bit. Removal creates a noticeable change in engine note. I think its a nice change. I know of no one that put it back in after removal.

The silencer does just that. Its a "horn" on the intake that quiets down the engine a bit. Removal creates a noticeable change in engine note. I think its a nice change. I know of no one that put it back in after removal.
Appreciate telling me what this part does.

Members online

No members online now.
Back