remove 2004 LS radio/head unit?

ucahall

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, so I hope I'm not asking a question that's already been posted...

I have an '04 LS with CD6 (no nav), and I want to pull the head unit so I can install a PIE AUX adapter for my mp3 player. Removing the vent/trip computer buttons section and getting to the upper mounting screws is straightforward. I'm having trouble finding my way into the bottom section to get to the lower mounting screws.

I've pulled the ashtray, but now I can't seem to find the trick to getting into the solid trim piece that surrounds the ashtray/power points all the way back to the shifter and cupholders. :Bang

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I'm anxious to get the mp3 installed. Thanks...

ucahall said:
Newbie here, so I hope I'm not asking a question that's already been posted...

I have an '04 LS with CD6 (no nav), and I want to pull the head unit so I can install a PIE AUX adapter for my mp3 player. Removing the vent/trip computer buttons section and getting to the upper mounting screws is straightforward. I'm having trouble finding my way into the bottom section to get to the lower mounting screws.

I've pulled the ashtray, but now I can't seem to find the trick to getting into the solid trim piece that surrounds the ashtray/power points all the way back to the shifter and cupholders. :Bang

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. I'm anxious to get the mp3 installed. Thanks...

you need to pull up the part that surrounds the shifter, i used a right angle pick to pull up from behind the shifter. start in the corners because that is where the clips are. then there are clips in the front where it surrounds you ashtray. there are no screws holding it in, just be careful not to dent the plastic when you slip a pick in, its a tight fit. I use my snap-on picks they are very thin.

Members online

Back